Thanks

Tshirt Creator Looking for an Artist

This is where I Lay.

I had this idea for a T-shirt and I think it would be really cool to see this professionally done.

Name:  This is where I rest.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  100.7 KB

It is exactly what it looks like, A Tiger resting comfortably on top of a Horse. The Horse is at a blaze, meaning it is creating it's own Fire. A torrent of flames surround it's Tail and Mane. The Tiger, in response to the flames, is creating pools of water, that is running down the animals sides. Cooling it down, in order for him to rest on it's back. The mutual partnership gives the Horse what is wants the most, it's own stripes, made of water.

I would really like to create this image as more of an adult looking product. I have the artistic ability of a child, I know this, but my concepts are always much more mature then they appear. I will say, if the artist creates this piece, I will pay them through the exchange of a finished product. Meaning I will make a shirt for you, if you draw this for me. That is probably the only way I could pay you. But, it is in fact a payment.

Let me know what you think here
    jon_portrey@hotmail.com

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    How much does it cost to make a tshirt?
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    It'd be hard to make it look like the tiger wasn't just peeing I think.

Good luck with your project.
    Sketchbook

We could be struck by lightning at any moment. What kind of universe is that?

Thanks
    Nowhere near enough payment.

One t-shirt for a professionally done piece of custom art? A hi-res piece of art? Riiiight. Custom shirts are dirt cheap to print. This offer is the exact equivalent to offering a car salesman free rides if they give you a car from the lot.

Another way you could pay a potential artist is to pay them. Custom art isn't cheap, but you could have started with your lowest dollar amount instead of nothing for someone's time and expertise.

EDIT: ...Is that a watermark over the drawing? Assuming it is: not only are you offering next to nothing for work, but you have the nerve to watermark probably the lamest t-shirt concept I've ever seen? If I'm coming off as harsh, look at it this way...you're not that far off from unironically offering exposure as payment.
    Last edited by MattyT; November 13th, 2018 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks
    smells like this kind of bs tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-RR4N_aMg
    "Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want."
    Glen Orbik

"To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a 'gift.'"
    Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Have to agree, I don't think one shirt is good payment, why don't pay for artists money for their time, like how every other business works like that, do you actually go to restaurant and offer shirt for food?

Thanks
    There are some poor people out in the world, and I am one of them. This is the only way I could figure to create something amazing for dirt cheap. Got a constructive criticism as to how one could do this, with out any money in the bank and living like a bum? I guess times have changed, Art used to be for the poor, and the deprived. I guess the haves are the only ones who get to make money off of other peoples ideas. I don't see artists anymore; I see business men and women with a gimmick.
    Last edited by voiceofjon; November 16th, 2018 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    That is pretty funny! I guess if the water was coming directly from the stripes and it's paws, instead of coming from where he is laying. That might make it look a bit better. If anything you could say that the Tiger is a Bed Wetter. That would be bad news for the Horse.

Lol!

Thanks
    My vision of the final product, looks a bit different then this image. If you can't see a realistic version of this all amazing. and cosmically bewildering to the eyes of the viewers. Then you aren't the artist for me. It really doesn't do you any good to post on something, that your not even interested in. A water mark is just my way of saying I'm seriously into this image, and I want you to know hands off it. That's all I am saying.

Argumentative comments a side. Good luck to your searching the internet trolling for a fight.

Have a good one.

Thanks
    tldr; cliff notes
    - artists are people too
    - your romantic view is wrong
    - other folk need to eat as well
    - alternatives to "here's a tshirt".

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofjon View Post
    There are some poor people out in the world, and I am one of them. This is the only way I could figure to create something amazing for dirt cheap. Got a constructive criticism as to how one could do this, with out any money in the bank and living like a bum? I guess times have changed, Art used to be for the poor, and the deprived. I guess the haves are the only ones who get to make money off of other peoples ideas. I don't see artists anymore; I see business men and women with a gimmick.

I was going to leave this alone, but oh, what sort of revisionist historical nonsense are you spouting?

Look chief - at the 30,000 foot view - art is a skill, right? A skill that takes time to hone, perfect, and execute. One, by admission of you posting here, not everyone has. What is an artist to do? Take every non paying job and feast off the good vibes?

Waving your hands madly and claiming "art is for the poor" discredits *THEIR* life investment in their skill. It refuses to acknowledged *THEIR* existence matters, their bills matter as much as yours, and that their skill has value.

The reality is artists are people too. The world affects them as much as you. That's why I as angling for "how much does a shirt cost", and the follow up was going to be "perhaps you should offer that $20 or 30 instead of a shirt to get more receptive interest". Funny enough I cannot eat a tshirt nor does the bank take a tshirt inliue of interest payments. On the other hand actual 20 or 30 you would have spent on that tshirt is functionally acceptable currency and someone can actually act on it.

The world, and artists in it, owe you nothing. The romantic notion of the noble starving artist is a sham, and if taken far, an offensive standard to hold the community to. If you believe your idea has traction then *YOU* put in the effort to make it so. Pay people their fair compensation.

You don't have money? Then you have three options. Get a second part time job and build up the scratch to make it, "git gud" as the fortniters say at art and do it yourself, or shelve the idea for a future time.

Another person's skill, or ability, that you do not have doesn't belong to you. It is not owed to you. Be it any of the wonderful human activities out there.. an actor, a baker, a mechanic, or a programmer.

Well that certainly was unfulfilling. Time to mosey down the trail.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post: