Thread: landscape

Thanks

landscape

Name:  152- landscape.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  134.2 KB

hello feedback would be apreciated, thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Painted from life or a photo? The tower in the back, with the cables running from it, looks pretty out of place to me. The bridge structure in the foreground could also use more structure. I think it's supposed to be a fallen log of some sort? But how it is now, it's too flat to really resemble a tree. Drawing the roots would've helped with this tremendously.

Thanks
    i painted from imagination and previous life observation, i look some reference from a overcast day because i didnt have a clear image in my head

Thanks
    The tree bridge thing and the tower in the background are the biggest issues for me. Otherwise it looks like a decent enough landscape sketch to me. The tree bridge because it doesn't look at all like a fallen tree, that can be fixed with some references. The tower thing because it doesn't really look like it belongs there, especially not with those weird cables attached to it.

Thanks
    Is it supposed to be cloudy in the foreground? I'd like that idea, but I don't think it's easy to create such a complex play of light and shadow from your mind. Composition wise, you should add some space to the right to capture some sense of freedom, even if the tree is there to guide the eye back, cutting the canvas off precisely where it grows, hurts the composition more than it helps.

Also something to consider: Right now the POV seems to be right above the chasm, which means, it's not a realistic position for a human to stand in. If you want to add the feeling of "being in the scene", you might want to consider adding something, that makes it clear that we, the viewers, are able to position ourselves where the picture is being taken/drawn from.