So?

Be brutal,idc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Can I get some critiques

Thanks
    Hi illastrat,

I'm not much of a technical critic, but I will let you know what the portrait makes think of and feel.

How the lady looks at the viewer with her chin tilted up and from the side makes me feel like she is considering who I am. Her attitude seems to me neutral, but perhaps slightly wary of who is in front of her, as if reserving judgement. Beautiful and regal, but not commanding she gazes. Though she doesn't seem completely relaxed since her shoulders seem to creep slightly toward her neck.

The cross and heavy chain around her neck make me wonder if she is carrying some kind of burden. The cross, to me at least, symbolizes some sort of religious heaviness or weight, the chain meaning that this lady is bound to it. What did you have in mind?

Admittedly, I am confused about the black around the woman, is it a robe? a shadow? is the black form on he left side her shadow on the blue field? Despite that the black form does make me think she is constrained by it, or what it represents.

The gray blue background also makes me wonder, are they city blocks or an urban landscape or a wall? Regardless, I do like how the background transitions from this rectangular forms to the mountains and birds with its radiant light in the background. It suggest a narrative in the portrait of passing the 'blue wall' to the landscape beyond.

I also enjoy the poetry of your brush marks, the simple gestures for birds mimic the highlights in the hair, on the chain and cross and the ear.

The portrait captivates with rich story, it makes me want to know how this woman got here and where she is going. Well done portrait!

Thanks,
    UV
    Last edited by UnlikelyVagabond; 5 Days Ago at 10:16 AM. Reason: clarified noun

Members who have read this thread: 35