Thread: So?

Thanks

So?

What do u think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Looks like weed enhanced art. I'm a fan of that kind of thing. Is that bird poop on his head? That's nuts man.
    Sketchbook

The best way to hunt in a mushroom forest is to climb on the back of a butterfly.

Thanks
    No. He has blond locks.

Thanks
    I'm curious to see what you draw aside from faces. Are you only interested in portraits, or do you paint other subjects that you're not showing us for whatever reason?

As for this specific picture - The major issue is his hair. It's not very well rendered in general. I thought David was just messing around, but the blond locks do unironically look like shit because of the color and shape. The birds in the background don't do that any favors either. Actually, the way you drew the beard and eyebrows would've been a lot better than how you drew his hair anyway.

You're still verging between the line of stylistic competence and mediocrity. You'll only get better at what you do if you practice more​.

Thanks
    The hair has a cotton textured brush rendering. Explain why do you find it mediocre? Is it just the hair? If so, did you just avoid the deligent work on everything else to label it such?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illastrat View Post
    The hair has a cotton textured brush rendering. Explain why do you find it mediocre? Is it just the hair? If so, did you just avoid the deligent work on everything else to label it such?
    As I said on your last piece your method for painting portraits doesn't translate well to a digital medium, you need to practice more digital stuff to come up with more efficient and better looking methodologies. At the moment it really doesnt work. Why not try doing digital landscapes and carry on doing traditional portraits, that way you're not relearning a bunch of things and spreading yourself too thin. Textured brushes and smoke brushes require a lot of practice to use in a way thats not garish.

Also where is the 777?

Thanks
    The way I paint digitally is very consistent to how I paint traditionally. The criticisms about my painting with exception to the hair have been relatively vague. I think this painting was a fundamental success. I don’t know what to say if you don’t like the style?����♂️

Thanks

Cool

My last piece is dope
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illastrat View Post
    My last piece is dope
    In your own opinion

Members who have read this thread: 34