Thanks

Talking sweet necromance

hello guys, I'm a little new here, I'm a Brazilian artist, currently studying concept art, I would like to request criticises for my last piece
    Name:  fix.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  193.1 KB
    thanks ^^
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mr-kido; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:17 PM. Reason: duplicate image

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I guess I'll take a stab at it.

It looks to me like you reached into the stomach of chaos and grabbed a fistfull. That's not to say that it's ugly or anything. It's just hard to focus on any one thing. Experiment with using a focal point and trying to make everything else that is not the focal point as unimportant as the quality of your composition will allow.
    Sketchbook

The best way to hunt in a mushroom forest is to climb on the back of a butterfly.

Thanks
    IT all looks very unresolved, I think you should add some hard edges to some of your shape so you can have some more clear definition.

Thanks
    Hi there, welcome to CA! My first reaction to the piece is that its very purple. Also, there's a lot of blur, and a lot of different lines and shapes happening that make it a bit confusing for the eye. A lot of information isn't necessarily bad, but you're setting yourself up for a lot of cleanup and edge resolution. There are many Gothic artists who thrive in detail, fitting skulls and creepy things into every inch of the composition. The most successful ones spend a lot of time resolving a good design that enhances and brings focus to their figure.

I would definitely move the figure over, or change the position of the scythe, and her foot. When the viewer catches sight of a weapon or an extremity (like a foot or a hand), it feels very uncomfortable when they're covered up or cut off. I'd take the time to develop that foot and the edges of the weapon, or lose them altogether.

I don't think skull dude in the foreground is really helping the composition. It feels a bit awkward. Is she summoning skeletons? Maybe take the time to focus on making their poses more interesting, help the audience understand that they're rising from the grave. Is dirt falling off? Do their eyes have the same magic color as the ball of light in her hand?

Finally, I'd get some references (or just take pictures of your own hands) for her hand positions. Feels very unsure and rushed.

Good luck! You have your work cut out for you
    Twitch: @LDogDraws
    Instagram: @eastghoster

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David_a_ray View Post
    I guess I'll take a stab at it.

It looks to me like you reached into the stomach of chaos and grabbed a fistfull. That's not to say that it's ugly or anything. It's just hard to focus on any one thing. Experiment with using a focal point and trying to make everything else that is not the focal point as unimportant as the quality of your composition will allow.
    Hi, thanks for the comment I feel that you are right, I tried to create a scene and I ended up messing everything up, but I feel that maybe if I can focus on one element at a time , comment on my next images please.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJams View Post
    IT all looks very unresolved, I think you should add some hard edges to some of your shape so you can have some more clear definition.
    I'll do it, thanks for comment.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=mangosalsa;4066821]Hi there, welcome to CA! My first reaction to the piece is that its very purple. Also, there's a lot of blur, and a lot of different lines and shapes happening that make it a bit confusing for the eye. A lot of information isn't necessarily bad, but you're setting yourself up for a lot of cleanup and edge resolution. There are many Gothic artists who thrive in detail, fitting skulls and creepy things into every inch of the composition. The most successful ones spend a lot of time resolving a good design that enhances and brings focus to their figure.

I would definitely move the figure over, or change the position of the scythe, and her foot. When the viewer catches sight of a weapon or an extremity (like a foot or a hand), it feels very uncomfortable when they're covered up or cut off. I'd take the time to develop that foot and the edges of the weapon, or lose them altogether.

I don't think skull dude in the foreground is really helping the composition. It feels a bit awkward. Is she summoning skeletons? Maybe take the time to focus on making their poses more interesting, help the audience understand that they're rising from the grave. Is dirt falling off? Do their eyes have the same magic color as the ball of light in her hand?

Finally, I'd get some references (or just take pictures of your own hands) for her hand positions. Feels very unsure and rushed.

Good luck! You have your work cut out for you
    Last edited by mr-kido; 1 Week Ago at 05:44 PM.