Thanks

Smile "Sunset on the Isarco" by P. Ezechiele

Hello dear users!
    Today I present a painting that I took from a photo of mine, taken during a walk near the house in Bolzano, along the river Isarco. The sun went down and I tried to capture the moment.

I hope he will send you a moment of peace .. I have used a different technique for the trees and I am not used to it, I am curious to know what you think of it, both of the subject and of what the realization itself transmits to you.

Greetings to everyone!

"Sunset on the Isarco" by P. Ezekiel
    (acrylic on canvas, 40 × 60 cm, 04-2018)

Name:  Tramonto-sullIsarco-acrilico-su-tela-04-2018-WEB-1024x671.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  188.8 KB

Video demonstration
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh1DQgsLsgs&t=55s

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Is it a little dark of the trees compared with the light? I like the sky you painted.
    Albert Bierstadt, famous artist, painted a lot of natural scenery:
    https://www.handmadepiece.com/master...bierstadt.html
    Hope it can help you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HEBEL. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Have to agree with HEBEL you should actually study how to use colors from life and from old masters like Bierstadt, Thomas Cole, Ivan Aivazovsky, Thomas Moran, you can also find more artists from here http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...MASTER-STUDIES

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Stop by the river, by Patrick Ezechiele

Hello dear forum users!

Today I share with you my new painting:

Name:  Patrick-Ezechiele-Sosta-in-riva-al-fiume-06-2018-acrilico-su-tela-50x70-cm-WEB.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  302.7 KB

Patrick Ezechiele, Stop by the river, 06-2018, acrylic on canvas, 50 × 70 cm

This is my interpretation of the river Isarco of Bolzano, seen from the walks. From here, you can admire our mountains and see some family of ducks standing by the river. Depending on the period there are also some beautiful seagulls!

What does the painting convey to you? what do you feel? what does a moment symbolize for you like the one depicted in the painting?

If you like, you can also watch the demonstration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6BXE9ZhWSs

See you soon, my best regards.

Thanks
    Very good painting, i really like the colours and composition. Good job !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adraftman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Very beautiful.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mammoz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Good memories, painting by P. Ezechiele

Patrick Ezechiele, Good memories, 07-2018, acrylic on paper, 24x32cm, # 2

Name:  Ezechiele-Patrick-Bei-ricordi-07-2018-acrilico-su-carta-24x32-cm-2-Web.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  257.7 KB

An apple on a table ... but how many of our memories are tied to an apple? Its round shape, its color and its perfume ... all things that recall our senses .. to its taste that changes depending on how we are and where we are ..

Let the memories surface, even just moments and express them .. if you can and want

my website: http://patrickezechieleart.altervista.org/blog/

Best wishes
    Patrick Ezechiele

Thanks

Glimpse on Anterivo by P. Ezechiele

A few weeks ago, I went to the Knippe path of Anterivo, a beautiful place dedicated to health located in this mountain village of the Val di Fiemme, Trentino Alto Adige (IT).

And here for my studies on acrylic painting, I let myself be inspired by a glimpse that I saw coming out of the path that leads from the Kneipp path to the road.

Patrick Ezechiele, Glimpse on Anterivo, 10-2018, acrylic on canvas board, 25x35 cm, # 3.

Name:  Patrick-Ezechiele-Scorcio-su-Anterivo-10-2018-acrilico-su-telato-25x35cm-3-web-800x570.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  64.3 KB

I was slowly coming to a style that I feel mine, a middle ground between impressionism and realism. This makes me have fun during the realization and then when I watch it I communicate more, so much more and more intensely! what do you think? What does this painting tell you?

I did also a video where I comment the realization of this painting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BslFDBYORL0

Thanks for your attention!
    Best wishes,
    Patrick Ezechiele

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adraftman View Post
    Very good painting, i really like the colours and composition. Good job !
    Thank you very much! i'm glad that you liked those aspects of the painting! very helpful!! Best regards!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mammoz View Post
    Very beautiful.
    Thank you very much mammoz! I appreciate

Thanks
    Thanked 6,674 Times in 4,587 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    You could look at these and weep.
    Weep? for what? you linked me a lot of realistic paintings.. and this is what i don't have in mind. I'm going to a middle way between Impressionism and Realism, and maybe this can guide me to new questions, that make me grow.
    Have you read any word of what i write? I guess not. You give me no answer to my question.

If you don't like my works or my path, please don't intervene with these insignificant phrases.

Thanks
    You are not painting in a an expressionistic way, you are making amateur daubs. You bring nothing new to the table as you never learnt to paint realistically, you then can't break rules you never learnt. 'It's my style' doesn't cut it here. Take Mondrian - he learnt to paint properly, and then broke the rules - google his oak trees.

You're painting first and then explaining your style as you can't do anything else.

We are here to help you improve, but you seem to just want ass pats.

Thanks
    You are not painting in a an expressionistic way, you are making amateur daubs. You bring nothing new to the table as you never learnt to paint realistically, you then can't break rules you never learnt. 'It's my style' doesn't cut it here. Take Mondrian - he learnt to paint properly, and then broke the rules - google his oak trees.

You're painting first and then explaining your style as you can't do anything else.

We are here to help you improve, but you seem to just want ass pats.
    I don't need ass beats and please, feel free to think what you want then, everyone of us have to commit an error sometimes like you do.

But than I express myself too: i think your words are just non sense words and you really don't know nothing about me, if you don't feel nothing with my painting, well the problem is your and not mine.. Think a bit on this, and you have a chance to grow a bit. bye bye

ps: be a judge of yourself first, then maybe you can judge others.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HEBEL. View Post
    Is it a little dark of the trees compared with the light? I like the sky you painted.
    Hope it can help you.
    Hebel sure you helped me and thank you for your nice comment! I agree, this is an aspect i don't like of my painting, the trees in facts are too dark, this is because i exceed with the use of black. Now i've learned that black (and never pure) must be used at the very end, and only if needed. I actually mix blue and brown to make a similar color but it is really better instead of black during the creative process.

Thank you i'll go see the link you linked me! best regards!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    Have to agree with HEBEL you should actually study how to use colors from life and from old masters like Bierstadt, Thomas Cole, Ivan Aivazovsky, Thomas Moran, you can also find more artists from here http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...MASTER-STUDIES
    Yes I know i'm learning and learning, as i said to Hebel, i actually use black only at the very end, not pure and only if needed. I've learned to mix a nice dark color using blue and brown. Thank you for the link, for your help! i'll go see it as soon as possible! best regards

Thanks
    Black is valid color to use but it can kill and mud you colors if you are not careful so try to use it sparingly, you can get black using viridian and alizarin crimson as well
    http://www.muddycolors.com/2014/03/1...s-using-black/
    Last edited by stonec; 1 Week Ago at 11:49 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    you're welcome, it's really nice.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to adraftman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Black is valid color to use but it can kill and mud you colors if you are not careful so try to use it sparingly, you can get black using viridian and alizarin crimson as well
    http://www.muddycolors.com/2014/03/1...s-using-black/
    Thank you again, yes Viridian as a complementary of the Alizarin Crimson, i've tried some months ago, it's a nice dark color!
    And i've watched allo the link you gived to me, good content and informations! thank you very much for your help.
    Yes i actually use black, as i said at the very end as 1% of the painting and never pure, or i mix a Violet or a mix 2 complementary colors together

See you soon, thanks for your feedback!
    best regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HEBEL. View Post
    Hope it can help you.
    I've just watched your link, there are nice examples of great balance between light and dark and this is an aspect that i have to grow in my artworks, i know!

Thank you so much for your useful feedback!
    See you soon, best regards

Thanks
    J'aime beaucoup cette pomme ! autant la composition que l'harmonie des couleurs. Ca me rappelle le style de Magritte, un de mes peintres favoris

28. The Following User Says Thank You to adraftman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adraftman View Post
    J'aime beaucoup cette pomme ! autant la composition que l'harmonie des couleurs. Ca me rappelle le style de Magritte, un de mes peintres favoris
    Merci beaucoup pour le compliment, je suis très heureux, en effet, c'est un honneur!

Thanks
    De rien, le rendu est vraiment réussi

31. The Following User Says Thank You to adraftman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Waterfalls of the Ferriere's Valley, by Patrick Ezechiele

Waterfalls of the Ferriere's Valley, by Patrick Ezechiele

Name:  Patrick-Ezechiele-Cascata-del-vallone-delle-Ferriere-10-2018-acrilico-su-telato-25x35-cm-4-Web.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  254.5 KB

COMPLETE DETAILING
    Patrick Ezechiele, Waterfalls of the Ferriere's Valley, 10-2018, acrylic on canvas, 25x35 cm, # 4

DESCRIPTION
    The painting depicts the beautiful waterfalls of the "Vallone delle Ferriere" nature reserve located in the hinterland of Amalfi.
    The reference photograph to make the painting was taken by the well-known Italian photographer De Maio Agostino, whom I thank for his willingness and greeting.

The link to the photographer's website - http://www.fotoeweb.it/

REFLECTION
    I find that life is water that flows, only that often we do not stop to listen to it and to appreciate its beauty. In the painting I tried to feel there and while I was painting, I imagined the pleasant sounds of that place, so that these emotions would end up in the painting, between the colors, between the brush strokes ... I invite you to analyze the painting.

DEMONSTRATIVE VIDEO
    You can watch the entire realization of the painting thanks to the appropriate demonstration videos, at the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SNGVCEBjQg

Best wishes,
    Patrick Ezechiele

MY WEBSITE - http://www.patrickezechieleart.com/

Thanks
    Be careful with black as its bit too gray overall or muddy, what you need there is more saturated colors and hue shifts there, its all about controlling hue saturation and value (value being most important), maybe try to limit yourself not using black (not even mixed) as there is color in shadows too, remember usage of grays can make more saturated colors pop or feel more saturated than they really are, if you can go outside and paint
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LhcNbFMkTw

Thanks
    Be careful with black as its bit too gray overall or muddy, what you need there is more saturated colors and hue shifts there, its all about controlling hue saturation and value (value being most important), maybe try to limit yourself not using black (not even mixed) as there is color in shadows too, remember usage of grays can make more saturated colors pop or feel more saturated than they really are, if you can go outside and paint
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LhcNbFMkTw
    Dear Stonec, thank you for your feedback. As you said, we have to be careful with the use of black. In fact, i don't use it in the whole painting realization. I send it to my teacher that graded me at 100 out of 100 (I was really happy with ) and she tells me, that i can add some black shapes. I really don't use pure black in my paintings. I accepted (in part) the suggestion of my teacher, and I added some shades obtained with a color (for example: sap green with a bit of blue) and a tiny tiny point of black, and then i diluted the mixture to make it transparent. I used this mixture only in very little portions of my painting and ONLY in the foreground.
    Now watch the painting again and find where i use this mixture, it can be a good exercise for you .

Aniway, thanks for your comment, i appreciated that you want to help me!

My best regards,
    Patrick Ezechiele

Thanks
    Many of my posts, for which I have dedicated time and passion, have now been put together at random into a single thread, which has become a disaster because there is no more order.

I thank the people who helped me until today, but for a while I will no longer show you my work, as long as the management of these "matters" will not be improved.

I hope that you do not understand the same thing to other users, because to see randomly post, for which you have used your time, love and energy, in a single messy Thread .. it is really horrible and not worthy of a forum of respect.

I have already reported this decision privately to BlackSpot.

My best regards and good luck to all.

Thanks
    That's a shame as I think the last painting is a big improvement. I think it's because it's not a huge panorama, making it more dynamic. See all the work together helps to see progress and highlight flaws and what works better.

Thanks
    That's a shame as I think the last painting is a big improvement. I think it's because it's not a huge panorama, making it more dynamic. See all the work together helps to see progress and highlight flaws and what works better.
    Thank you BlackSpot, it's not a matter of shame and i really appreciate your comment . I'm experimenting and learning so much with the curse i'm making, this way i can have more fun and i use more tools in my paintings.. i'm discovering a new world inside me and you have right that looking at the old paintings i can see the improvements.

thank you again for your words.