Thanks

Smile YutongWu-illustrator

Hello guys! I just started my freelancing career, but cannot really tell if my artworks are qualified enough to be professional.
    Please free free to leave critique or any kind of advice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worksample 3 copy.jpg 
Views:	1403 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	2303388
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Both could deal with more solid edges and less blurry.

The top has a few issues where the lighting of the kid doesn't seem to match up wit the rest of the image. Almost copy/pasted on top.

There is something wonky going on with the perspective of the syrup container, the pour, the kid, and the background. Maybe the background curves up too much.

I dig the second one, but I don't know what's up with it... who's the trash ball guy?
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Hello, I liked both of your drawings. I cannot really judge if your skill is good enough to begin working as a freelancer though, sometimes how much work you get as a freelancer depends also on how active you are and how good you are at marketing yourself.
    However, regarding the art pieces, I must agree with modi123. There is a very apparent use of blurring (blur tool perhaps?). Blurring easily ruins an image, and it is a shame because your drawing skill seems pretty solid. My best advice for now is to ditch blurring as best as possible. Carefully blend colors within character and objects using other brushes or means.
    The picture with the boy has too many saturated colors. Which isn't very good because high saturation draws the eye towards it and with too much saturation everywhere, the whole picture becomes straining for the eye to look at. I suggest dulling the colors and lowering the general contrast of background objects to indicate that they are in the background instead of using blurring on them (E.g. Lowering the saturation and contrast of the blue tablecloth and sausages.) (Look up rules of composition).The colors you chose for the second picture are very calm and fitting all-together.

I think if you simply fix the blurring issue and focus on hardening lines of items or characters that are the focal point of your art piece, and if you focus and study rules of composition more then you are going to have very solid art pieces.

Best of luck to you!