Thanks

Art Center Entertainment Design Portfolio Progress [Fall 2019]

Name:  EDIN cityscape compress.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  153.1 KB

Progress so far on Art Center Entertainment Design portfolio [October 12, 2018]
    Hello hello! I'm applying for Art Center's Ent. Design for Fall 2019, and this is the progress thus far. Every piece in this post is still a WIP, so I'm very much open to critiques! Most thumbnails and references have not been included in this post, but once I get closer to finalizing the portfolio I might post everything all nicely organized.

**My files seem to be too big to upload here, but I have them up on Blogger at the link below! Thanks for taking the time to look at my work! ^-^

Portfolio

Last edited by mintea; 1 Week Ago at 04:30 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The first two pieces in your portfolio are my favorites. No wonder, seeing how they're the only ones with color. Of the two I prefer 'Patrolling Precinct 106'.

Before I give any kind of critique, I'd like to know what specifically would change about the first two pieces, and the rest of your studies following them? I know the third piece is also in color, but it's not really as strong as the other two imo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MattyT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks!

So for the cityscape piece I need to define the flower shaped architectural structure more as I was trying to fade it out, since it's further away. However, I want that to be the focus of the piece, but my eye tends to go to the flying car on the left side.

The patrol piece I still need to push back some of the buildings with more gradients, particularly the ones in the midground. The patrol bike is also a place holder since I haven't finalized my bike design yet, and though it's the focal point I feel that its blending into the ground too much imo.

The third piece is probably 30-40% complete. Again, I need to push back the background more with this one and add more people just to make the scene more alive. This was kind of a last minute idea so I think I'm still trying to figure out what kind of props and stuff to include to really sell the idea of a futuristic lab. I'm not too keen on how the screens look right now either heheh.

As for the other studies, I might move on to coloring the mountain garrison thumbnails soon and clean up all the rough edges as I go. The bike designs have honestly been giving me a lot of trouble, but I'm going to keep silhouetting and see if I can figure something out. I'm also considering changing some of my characters' costume designs cause I think they could be pushed even more.

Some of these thumbnails are a bit old (~3 months), so I'll have to clean them up or just replace them entirely.

But yeah, those are my thoughts so far ^-^

Thanks
    Get rid of the blue, take the flower structure a bit above the horizon line and we won't look at the car.
    Sketchbook

Bucket List: Finish reading those books, Get a fish, Astral Project, Eat responsibly, exercise more often, save money, squint, poke at young people with a cane, talk about good old days, sputter and wheeze, hack and cough, adjust dentures