Thread: Awesomeness

Thanks

Awesomeness

Hello conceptart, long time no see. I use to have a sketchbook here but I stopped posting to it, feel free to check it out here. I've been trying to get back into oil painting but I feel like I can't concentrate unless I have an optimal workspace ( I want to build a workshop/studio where people won't bug me ). In the meantime, my fiance just bought me a new Wacom Intuos Pro tablet so I'm going to dive into digital art! I use to have the original intuos and I loved it, I did a bit of digital art back then but always had something against it, now I just don't care.. I've been through classical art school training and I know what it's about now. I learned a lot but the main thing I learned maybe is that I could have been a better artist if I had simply just kept making art, the art I wanted to make and not worried about being perfect, making perfect art. Perfect art is nice, but I want to just go for it more right now. I don't have time to make everything 100% realistic right now, I don't want to, I just want to make art and have fun.

Here is our cat Smokey, he's really the best. He is so annoying though, just wants to sit in front of the monitor and get in the way. I took advantage and tried my best to paint him. Put him in a made up background. And that's a random hipster I made up, can't figure out how to remove the attachment so I guess I'm posting that one anyway.

Name:  smokey 1.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  231.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:55 PM.
    My Sketchbook

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Pink and green

Name:  pink green.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  159.0 KB

So I've been getting out of an artistic block. I would say I'm trying to get out of an artistic block but that's just not optimistic. I started a podcast about design and art, I talk about design and art haha and how to get out of artistic blocks and stuff. It's on my youtube channel if anyone is interested.
    My Sketchbook

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo