Thanks

Looking for feedback please

Name:  IMG_20180928_222744.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  62.9 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think the hands on the right look pretty darn good. But there's some proportion issues with the ones on the left. For example that one index finger is far too long.

Thanks
    What kind of feedback are you looking for specifically? I agree that the second one is better than the first, but they both look labored to me. By that I mean I can see the parts where you were stressing over getting specific lines exactly right to the detriment of the whole figure.

Thanks

Specifics

So I think primarily what Iím looking for as far as feedback is how can I make them appear more three dimensional. I will agree that they look overworked And that one finger seems to look a bit like a hotdog. Iíve been studying the anatomy of the hands this past week and just really want to give it a fairly life like look. I think that the flow the rhythm of the gesture will all come with more experience.
    For instance the pair of jacked up hands. My understanding of perspective is that objects in the back will be blurry or darker over all than objects in the front but does it apply to a set a hands that are this close together.

Thanks
    Thank you for the feedback. I don't know why the last picture I draw is always jacked. up after I get done I think I'm just so happy to be finished with a week's worth studies that I don't even look at it and I just posted and then somebody comments that my proportions are a bit off and when I look at it I find a giant hot 🐕 sticking in the middle of my art .

Thanks
    The flow or gesture is what you need to draw first. If you don't have good gesture, the drawing is a failure. If you think of drawing as a language, verbs are what you need to draw. Don't look at the anatomy. Look at the thrusts and twists. Draw those without judgement of any kind. Just feel them and try your best to articulate those feelings with the sweep of your pencil. To articulate these things is what is known as exaggeration. We "exaggerate" the feelings of torque and drama of the forms.

In the same way we build the human form from a skeleton, the skeleton must be built upon the frame of energy Or soul, if you will.
    Sketchbook

Bucket List: Finish reading those books, Get a fish, Astral Project, Eat responsibly, exercise more often, save money, squint, poke at young people with a cane, talk about good old days, sputter and wheeze, hack and cough, adjust dentures

Thanks
    My understanding of perspective is that objects in the back will be blurry or darker over all than objects in the front but does it apply to a set a hands that are this close together.
    How fuggin' far away do you think the hands are away from each other? Just look at your own hands, do you see one distorting and fading away into the background atmosphere?