Thanks

LRDVNZ Joins the art battle !

Hi I'm LRDVNZ
    I've basically gone through art in periods : I tried to learn it many times, sometimes I got the momentum and kept going but then something happened or somehow I stopped working

What probably got me demotivated in the first place was that I really want to draw from imagination, but It is not until today that I fully realized that to be able to draw something, you have to know how it looks in the first place, so by observing reference !

The result is that I remained kinda good at directly copying from reference

But now my main goal is to draw from imagination, and to keep going in the art journey without quitting, using what I learned from all these attempts and from your advice

Enjoy

This piece is , yes, from copying reference, but I'm using it mainly to learn how to paint digitally (first time I do it) and it can be a good cover for the sketchbook for nowName:  HOWDOIPAINT.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  61.9 KB

Oops, forgot to post the reference. here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LRDVNZ; September 12th, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Progressed a bit on the painting. Refined some details
    Made some sketches today, trying to get back on the drawing mood. I'm applying what Feng Zhu advises in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5nvzsslajk&t=2893s so using pen and not deleting mistakes to learn from them.
    the lowest insect on the last one is done from copying ref. I made the ones with the pterodactyl thing yesterday

Thanks
    The sketches aren't the most accurate, but they are creative and expressive. Which I think is something people can lose when they're doing endless studies and stuff from reference. I think pursuing perfection can make you lose why you wanted to get into art in the first place - which is to draw cool looking shit. So while I think it is important that you do, do the referenced stuff and the cubes and all that, never lose the creative flair.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot @AJams for the feedback !
    You're right, I feel that when I am doing sketches I always go too fast and end up not finishing them or starting another one. This is a thing I will solve, dedicating more attention and going slower . Good thing that I also started to do cubes, cylinders etc to warmup, also tomorrow I will have How to Draw by Scott Robertson in my hands! So I will start proper studying and practice

Here is some stuff from the past two days. Haven't drawn a lot, but I wanted to do something so I kept going even if it was late in the day
    Finished the copy from reference. Didn't want to get lost in detail, so I didn't go on extreme polishing. Other things are warm ups and sketches for a painting I started