Thanks

Smile Fishing Robot Piece

Hey there. This is a piece I am currently working on, I would really appreciate any feedback you might have on it. Thank you for your time, have a great day.

Name:  FISHING WIP-5 SMALL.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  165.4 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'd dark green his pants. They're super distracting. Also, it feels weird that we can't see his line hit the water. You could expand the canvas to include this, and at the same time it would re-enforce the sense of peace (because of horizontal-ness) and make the composition less centered. Win-win!

Also, if he's supposed to be admiring the beauty of the water lilly or whatever, that's not coming across at all.

I don't want to leave though without first saying that these are all just my opinions and I really like this. It's something I'd hang on my wall for sure.
    Sketchbook

I mean, would it be so bad if all anyone remembers about me is that I was a lover of art, of women, and wine? Perhaps I reach too far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to David_a_ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I honestly dont have muc of critique to give, I really really love the painting and I admire how well done the structure of the hat etc is. I actuallly like everything about this piece, only the pants reallly are distracting me since its the only brown thing in the whole piece.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby Rosalina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hope you don't mind.
    Name:  artdump.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  361.9 KB
    Sketchbook

I mean, would it be so bad if all anyone remembers about me is that I was a lover of art, of women, and wine? Perhaps I reach too far.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to David_a_ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I dig it, but have some comments.

The first is that line. You look to have used a fly fishing reel.. but one doesn't typically sit down for that, and the line comes out the bottom and not the side. Beyond that the line is awfully slack in a weird way. It wouldn't have that big bellow from the first eyelet to the reel.

The other issue is the pose. It's like the torso and head are off much. or the legs are pointed to the center too much. A casual sit and fish wouldn't have the body's torso/shoulder direction centered over the right leg.

The scenery is nice.. though I thing the left grouping of lily pads has a perspective issue.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Haha I thought nobody would notice the fly fishing aspect. Props to you. Thanks so much for the helpful words. I agree, his stance should probably carry more weight towards whichever hand is his dominant hand, if robots have dominant hands that is. Thank you so much for your time