Thanks

Looking for info on DARA (DUTCH ATELIER OF REALIST ART)

Hello fellow artist,

Little bit info beforehand I will try to make it short and sweet.

I'm living at the moment in London and studying part time 1 day a week at LFAS (London Fine Art Studios), big shout out to Black Spot for recommending this school almost two years ago.
    Since I started studying at LFAS my skill drastically became better, the place is amazing the teachers are super nice and extremely knowledgeable. Unfortunately London is stupidly expensive and becoming more expensive with everyday.I'm foreigner living by myself working full time (not art related field) and going to LFAS 1 time per week, and working at home from online tutorials and books. I managed to save a decent amount of money to make a move and Amsterdam is in my list since I found DARA they are offering 2 years curriculum for evening classes 4 times a week plus on Saturdays it possible to come to atelier and work without tutors on your own projects (awesome!). I fully understand the drill, in order to become great artist I need to spend as much as possible time doing art and doing it smart not just do it for the sake of doing it.

I'm looking to get my strong fundamentals, and I'm the type of person which likes to ask questions if I don't understand, that's why for me online tutorials don't work as good as physical school (plus the environment in LFAS is so so inspiring)

I would like to find out if anyone knows about DARA, and maybe even better , maybe we have students or even teacher from this atelier? Or even maybe someone knows alternative that would be based in Amsterdam or Rotterdam, or any other bigger cities of Netherlands?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Personally, I wouldn't move anywhere for evening classes. Please be aware that this is not going to bring you a career in concept art...
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    Hi eezacque, I truly understand it won't bring me concept artist career, but at the moment I'm looking to build strong fundamentals, so that afterwards/in the meantime could be moving towards it. Evening classes is the only options that I can afford, since I need to prove basic living for myself, pay rent and etc. I'm doing one evening class a week at the moment, and I believe 4 tutored classes is better then 1.

I would love to go study at Gnomon or FZD school's but financial situation won't allow me well at least at this moment so I have to find different way.

And I would love hear your opinion what would bring me concept artist career?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantama View Post
    And I would love hear your opinion what would bring me concept artist career?
    At the very least, you need basic skills not taught in any atelier of realist art, as far as I know: constructive drawing, perspective, composition, design, gesture, 3D software, photoshop, and I'm pretty sure I missed a few.
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eezacque For This Useful Post: