Thanks

Looking for CC to improve, stuck a bit

Hey folks, so im trying to do something which should look like Luke Mancini's art style (https://www.deviantart.com/mr--jack). Currently making a Crystal Maiden fan art:
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  109.6 KB

Obviously her hands are trash, but my biggest concern is overall perception of image, it does not feel in harmony, dont know how to explain. Anyway, i hope you can point me in the right direction.
    P.S. English is not my native language so bare with me

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sovietmade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 996 Posts
    I don't think it is that bad, but letting the arms rest on the bottom of the frame doesn't really work. If you add a little more body, you can add a little more flow.
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eezacque For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    man getting that dude's style is a test, you'll have have to actually match his same brush strokes and study how he does his contrast spots but apart from that , i think you're just missing some bright highlights on the metal, a bit on her face , need some blue light reflecting on her breast from flame , need more highlights on fur and hair, and yeh the blue flame would reflect a tee bit more on some parts of her face and clothing, you're so close to finishing this.

i've been trying a bit to mimic that same style a bit myself, as for the hands, if you could a similar pose infront of a camera or phone and refrence it you should fix that hand problem, im not too good at the style but i'll try a little paint over, there's awesome people here who would point out other flaws i missed too but man you're so close

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rapxic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    I don't think it is that bad, but letting the arms rest on the bottom of the frame doesn't really work. If you add a little more body, you can add a little more flow.
    you are right, thanks dude

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rapxic View Post
    man getting that dude's style is a test, you'll have have to actually match his same brush strokes and study how he does his contrast spots but apart from that , i think you're just missing some bright highlights on the metal, a bit on her face , need some blue light reflecting on her breast from flame , need more highlights on fur and hair, and yeh the blue flame would reflect a tee bit more on some parts of her face and clothing, you're so close to finishing this.

i've been trying a bit to mimic that same style a bit myself, as for the hands, if you could a similar pose infront of a camera or phone and refrence it you should fix that hand problem, im not too good at the style but i'll try a little paint over, there's awesome people here who would point out other flaws i missed too but man you're so close
    Thanks, man, im going to add more blue color onto her clothes and body to incorporate her more into environment so to speak. If you could paint over and show what is missing i would be so grateful!

Thanks
    here ya go bud, hope you get good stuff from this paint over Looking for CC to improve, stuck a bit

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rapxic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    here ya go bud, hope you get good stuff from this paint over Looking for CC to improve, stuck a bit
    Thanks a lot. man, i see what you did here, she looks more interesting now

Thanks
    np man and a way to push up the highlights without messing up the paintings is to put a new layer on linear dodge and brush over the highlight with with the same colour

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rapxic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So, after a it of analyzing and thinking i decided to make a background behind "fire" dark as any light is more noticeble in the dark, also i changed her skin and hair tone as well as gold parts to more blueish kinda color (actually its somewhere in between blue and yellow - more purple). I do like it more this way. any opinions?

Thanks
    Name:  capture.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  144.1 KB

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sovietmade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    getting there man , it really has a cold feel to it , just need to work on that flame, i liked the previous though but still wanna see how this one pulls through.

just something i might think might add visually to it, maybe some place on her clothes have some frost or ice to add more to here element

Thanks
    getting there man , it really has a cold feel to it , just need to work on that flame, i liked the previous though but still wanna see how this one pulls through.

just something i might think might add visually to it, maybe some place on her clothes have some frost or ice to add more to here element
    right, i was thinking to add some snow and frost on her hair/fur on shoulders. definitely gonna work on that flame, man, thanks again for a feedback!

Thanks
    Redo of background and some fire
    Name:  XG3yu9nNZSs.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  283.2 KB

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sovietmade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    really love how this is coming out, really starting to look like an official wallpaper for dota, one thing i think i must tell you is that where you want people to focus thats where you will need to add in more detail than the rest, so far the fous is real good i think once you refine that hair more, you should be there with the frost bits added and such