• vigostar

11 45.83%
  • Lurchus_Orilios

10 41.67%
  • Nike

3 12.50%
    Thanks

Bible Battle - lurch v. vigo v. nike

Subject - Redesign a bible character in your eyes.

No style limitation. Can also switch alignment (eg. a good guy can be redesigned bad or vice versa)

Medium - pen or pencil to paper. No comps.

Challengers - vigostar, Nike, Lurchus_Orilios

Time limit - variable (please list amount of time spent)
    Also, please, no comments until all three pics have been posted.
    Last edited by Lurchus_Orilios; November 5th, 2004 at 01:47 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Modern day Yahweh

I chose to redesign Jesus as he would be in recent history. He's still the same person, just a more modern time.
    Time spent- just under 3 hours. (most of which was spent drawing some characters that I just ended up erasing anyway.)

Thanks
    Time spent: about 1 and a half to 2 hours
    My chosen character is Michael...losing his belief:
    When his quest is finally over and the red dragon defeated, Michael begins to realise that he has lost both his oldest enemy and his oldest friend. The first time in his being he feels despair, and doubts in His justice, are arising. Reflecting the fate of Luzifer Morningstar, Michael's trust in His mercy is beginning to fade...and again, god does not protect his chosen one from the whisper of the voices in the dark...
    I hope this makes some sense...my english has seen better days

"The reason why truth is so much stranger than fiction is that there is no requirement for it to be consistent."-Mark Twain

gone.

Thanks

Its done!

Well,sorry I took so long guys.... My style is a very long process.... And I kinda rushed this one too but, for the sake of finishing, I finished it... My concept is PONTIUS PILOT. He was the person that Sentenced jesus to the cross... I invisioned him to be a fat grotesque person that resembled a executioner.... Time spent.. A long time... Probably around 10 hours... Sorry guys... I dont do anything short... And I work in pen so its hard to do things quickly... anyways.. here he is.......

By the way, i used to com to clean up only and that I didnt fully do either...

Thanks
    Hmmm. seems quiet on the comment front. I think this was a good match-up. These works look cool, too bad more people aren't voting, or commenting (hint,hint). Critiques always welcome.

Thanks

ahh, jes,,,

Wel, I guess someone had to break the ice eventually..... Well, it a pretty even fight... I think we should do another one, sometime soon but, give us like a week or two to finish.. Im trying to create quality pieces and I really rushed this one.... Oh, well... It was fun.. Hopefully others will vote.. It does'nt bother me either way... I did it to get some work done more than anything else... If you want a critique, I'll give you one..... The one thing that stands out is that the drawing is the same value... I think that if yopu had more contrast it would have a greater impact. anyways, your turn!

Thanks
    I think it's a good idea to do antother one and take more time
    Well, crits....I voted for Lurchus_Orilios. And I voted for him because I think that his idea is the most original of all the three. And the sketch is very well done. Vigostar - I really like your style, all those details - like the hair on his arm - I wish I had the patience to spend so much time with one piece. It's just - well, I could imagine Herod much more than Pilatus the way he is appearing in your piece - but I guess that's subjective.
    "The reason why truth is so much stranger than fiction is that there is no requirement for it to be consistent."-Mark Twain

gone.

Thanks
    Well, your right about the drawing Nike.... I wanted to do much more with him and give him recognizeable features but, I didnt have time to really research and get a better and more detailed design for his outfit.. Oh, well, next time.. Im currently working on two ther battles... Look out for them and give me your critiques.. Thanks Nike... Btw. I really liked the idea in your drawing I think with more time it would have been a ton better.. I like the writting in the background too!