Thanks

Critiques on anything is appreciated

Name:  assassin poison lady.jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  43.0 KB
    I feel so terrible because I gave up on this piece after finishing majority of the rendering because I realized I screwed up at the very beginning when i started to add details instead of blobs. I didn't want to go and fix my mistakes and redo everything so I just continued...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hummm, looking this over I want to say something may have gone wrong a little before the detailing phase. Over all her anatomy looks a bit broken. Her neck is short, her head is to small and shifted in a way that makes it look as though it is about to fall off her body, the left arm is to long and the fore arm alone is much to thick, the hips are to small and end abruptly before they ever meet with the thigh making it look as though her skirt is being held up by nothing, and her thighs are much to long. I would honestly suggest really working on your anatomy, drawing from life, nude models and clothed figure drawings are a really great way to start and there are a ton of resources available online that can help with basic proportions and gestures.

Thanks

Thumbs up

I like it, reminds me of someone who is going to stir up some trouble . A few tips: something has to support our giant noses, so keep in mind that the nose knows where your weight is distributed. It isnít entirely accurate but still very easy to remember.

Second generic tip! Whoohoo! I canít stress this enough and Iím still learning the fundamentals of boxes, cylinders, spheres, sphere boxes, cylinder spheres, box cylinders and yadayada myself, but it genuinely made my drawings a lot more readable and less mushy.

I am also wondering - if you knew you screwed up in the beginning, why didnít you start over? Rendering is just a waste of time if you want to get better faster, you want to get your gesture read, then construction then you apply anatomy, if your gesture is bad your construction will be bad, if your construction is bad your anatomy will be bad, if your anatomy is bad - you try and cover it with clothes and then they look like theyíre housing an alien under their shirt . However if your gesture is good but your construction is bad it will still be an interesting piece vs gesture is bad and construction good - this will make your drawing look stiffer than Frankenstein.

Personally I do a couple renders every week to keep track of progress but I still think the learning you and I have to muster is far from rendering.
    But I still render my girls because Iím a horny rascal heuheuheue!

Thanks
    Thank you for the critique! Yeah, I plan to study from Andrew Loomis figure drawing book and applying it to my next piece!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsw View Post
    I like it, reminds me of someone who is going to stir up some trouble . A few tips: something has to support our giant noses, so keep in mind that the nose knows where your weight is distributed. It isn’t entirely accurate but still very easy to remember.

Second generic tip! Whoohoo! I can’t stress this enough and I’m still learning the fundamentals of boxes, cylinders, spheres, sphere boxes, cylinder spheres, box cylinders and yadayada myself, but it genuinely made my drawings a lot more readable and less mushy.

I am also wondering - if you knew you screwed up in the beginning, why didn’t you start over? Rendering is just a waste of time if you want to get better faster, you want to get your gesture read, then construction then you apply anatomy, if your gesture is bad your construction will be bad, if your construction is bad your anatomy will be bad, if your anatomy is bad - you try and cover it with clothes and then they look like they’re housing an alien under their shirt . However if your gesture is good but your construction is bad it will still be an interesting piece vs gesture is bad and construction good - this will make your drawing look stiffer than Frankenstein.

Personally I do a couple renders every week to keep track of progress but I still think the learning you and I have to muster is far from rendering.
    But I still render my girls because I’m a horny rascal heuheuheue!

Haha thank you! Yeah, I should probably continue drawabox lessons! I haven't continued after a harsh lesson.

Honestly, I didn't think that the anatomy was all bad. Possibly, I was too invested in designing the character that I lost track of anatomy and gesture.

Oh well, learning anatomy rn and gonna start relearning construction! GL to both of us!