Thanks

JBeagle's sketchbook

All those years ago when I went to school I thought I couldn't learn to draw, so I skipped art classes. Then I had kids who loved to do chalk on the driveway and draw with crayons, I always felt bad when they couldn't figure out what I was drawing. So that started me down the path of learning to draw.

I've been teaching myself how to do this for about 5 years now. My kids loved when I drew their favorite cartoon characters for them to color, and as a tabletop games player drawing characters has been lots of fun, so characters are what I do most times.

This fellow was a request for another player's character. I hadn't done many non-human characters so it seemed like a nice change. Pencil under-drawing with pigma micron inks is my typical medium. I have dabbled with colored pencils, markers, and digital coloring and just never was able to find something I enjoyed coloring with. As a result, this sort of line art tends to be my final result.

I have difficulties with guns, as shown by the awkwardness of the pepper-box he's holding. Also that rat buckler he's got on his other arm didn't come out so well either. There's always things to work on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    This is a drawing of one of the characters in a steampunk game I was playing. I thought the player had a really interesting concept and I wanted to take a shot at creating a visual for it. The player was pretty excited and colored it before putting it on the character sheet.

Name:  SunnyEmily-Fix.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  111.0 KB

Thanks
    Name:  Mandalore-Flat.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  194.2 KB

I had never drawn any Star Wars characters before, and got it in my head to do a Mandalore. As something different I scanned in the drawing I did of microns over pencil and tried to color it digitally. I didn't get very far with that, for some reason I just have this block with doing colors. I'll have to keep tinkering with that.