Thanks

destroy this painting plz

point everything out you dislike about this painting . Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Marcelg; July 2nd, 2018 at 01:24 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Maybe try to sharpen out the edges of the clothes, like below the stretched out arm, it looks likeit is moving back and forth.
    Also the theeth are blurry while the right ear is sharp as hell
    Also try to paint some texteures on it, like the character i guess is some kind of animal with fur (a rabbit)? but where is the fur than? (i see the little hairs on the ear but i think it is too less to call it fur )
    Another point is maybe the perspective, there is no relation to its size for example, but in that perspective-stuff i'm not the best myself.

Hope it helps somehow

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goekbenjamin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I dont' understand if the hand has curled up fingers or just chubby fingers out. So either hitch hiking thumb or handshake?

I am not certain what the shadow is about. Persumably there was other images with this?

The hood's center gap seems way off from the center of the coat. The center of the coat seems off from the pidgen toe'd feet.

I am not certain if this is a white haired mouse or white skinned humanoid. Seems like hairless given palms are the same white as the head.

destroy this painting plz
    hi there, as the title says : burn it , spit on it and destroy it.
    Why do people persist in framing it this way? FFS - just ask for a critique like a normal human would.
    Last edited by modi123; July 2nd, 2018 at 01:45 PM.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    yea edge control is a great point. thank you for your input and time

Thanks
    - yea there is soemthing wrong with the value

- well the idea was to create a story outside the frame wich in hinesight isnt the best idea, cause i distract the viewer from the character you right

- yea might be some value problem again, not sure i have to deconstruct the character again to see if it is value or perspective

- maby a humanoid albino beaver i dont know

- well sry was more like a joke and did sound much more fun in my head. sry to anger you. your coment looks like you have some baaad history with this kind of comments , i apologize.

Extra thanks for your time and your input

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcelg View Post
    Extra thanks for your time and your input
    You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelg View Post
    [...]- well sry was more like a joke and did sound much more fun in my head. sry to anger you. your coment looks like you have some baaad history with this kind of comments , i apologize.
    Ease up on the romanticizing your hand in what is, essentially, a blunt response. It was more akin to an exasperated eye-roll.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Howcome the right side of the color has red in it but his head does not?
    ...And shouldn't there be a darker cast shadow from his head when there is one from his left arm?
    Maybe also the part where his body and right arm meet (ambient occlusion?) has to be darker...
    The fluffiness of his coat needs to also be fluffed on the right side like it is on the left covering some of his face

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trixtar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Trixtar
    - his left side of the head is a very desaturated warm orange green but yea your right went way to gentle on the warm side there

- defently right there should be defently more cast shadow int he form shadow somewhere good point

- yea i defetly thought about his as i painted it but i went a little ham when i merged the shapes there

- true i dont think there could be enough fluffiness int he world

thx for your feedback
    Last edited by Marcelg; July 7th, 2018 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks
    @modi123 english is not my firts language so sometimes i miss read some things. i changed the intro text and next time i will ask like a "normal human" for critique. Thank you for comments and your input buddy
    Last edited by Marcelg; July 7th, 2018 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks
    Haha, I don't know why the internet has started to welcome destruction (like the 'roast me' thing), but don't encourage people to put down your art in such a degrading way and disrespect you eh? The "haters" will find a way to do it all on their own initiative and the rest probably would prefer to give you a kind/professional reply

I like the little dude in your painting

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trixtar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixtar View Post
    Haha, I don't know why the internet has started to welcome destruction (like the 'roast me' thing), but don't encourage people to put down your art in such a degrading way and disrespect you eh? The "haters" will find a way to do it all on their own initiative and the rest probably would prefer to give you a kind/professional reply

I like the little dude in your painting
    Since the haters actually tend to do the opposite of what's expected of them, I think this kind of behavior uses reverse psychology to inhibit them from doing so.

"This guy want disrespect and insults, huh? I shall give him chocolate and flowers."
    "There're no lines in real life" / Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pilgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @pilgo - Haha, yes you have a good point there
    I should find a "hater" and try it out on

Thanks
    @pilgo

my intention is quiet the opposit,
    i actualy dont care about "haters" cause at the moment i dont care about my pictures i produce to much, i know they have many flaws and this critique forum gives me the opportunity to see things about my pictures i wasnt ablle to see before.

Well grantted, the threat titlte sounds a little cheesy but it is more the idea to encourage people to give me critiques.

I ve learned , future posts wont have this kind of title, it causes more discussion about the title than about the picture itself

Thanks for your input

Thanks
    Sure thing. I didn't think you only wanted praises by the way you phrased your post. I was just philosophizing about maybe how that "roast me" movement originated, even on a subconscious level.

Take all my comments lightly because they're seldom serious.

And, hey, since I'm wasting posts here without anything related to the picture, here's an on topic critique:

It could use some harder edges. Most of the bunny's edges look rather blurry and smooth even when they should be hard. And the right hand's (left of the pic) thumb looks like it's glued to the palm and not originating from the wrist like it should.

But, hey, quite good. Keep up!
    "There're no lines in real life" / Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks
    The perspective on the coat is wrong, too frontal, and the shading could take advantadge of harder edges, a clearer design for the geometry, and maybe even some impasto. Take a look at Proko videos about shading, it's not the only way to do it, but its one way you can use for this.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Soft-Boiled-Egg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Soft-Boilled-Egg

All very good points. Thanks for the tip with the impasto, i never heard about this technique before. This comunity is great thank you