Thanks

Any suggestions, things I should look out for?

I'm illustrating this for my mom. To save a tremendous amount of time, trial, and error, I have photobashed this scene to serve as the foundation for the digital painting. And to prevent me from cheating too much, I have posterized the photos so I have to draw back the details on my own. By doing this I can skip the blocking stage.
    Name:  36361657_10212253669445627_2572988519030980608_o.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  287.1 KB

I am kinda worried about scale getting lighting wrong but other than that, I feel I can handle this. I do not think the scale of the figures in this scene is as accurate as it should be, but I'm fine with that. Can anyone give me a few suggestions or things I should be considerate of while finishing this piece? Thanks!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You might consider tweaking the scale of the figures a bit. Not for realism, but for emphasis of a personality. Or maybe in order of most favorite/important to least favorite/important. Just an idea. It may not be what you're looking for though.
    Sketchbook

I mean, would it be so bad if all anyone remembers about me is that I was a lover of art, of women, and wine? Perhaps I reach too far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David_a_ray View Post
    You might consider tweaking the scale of the figures a bit. Not for realism, but for emphasis of a personality. Or maybe in order of most favorite/important to least favorite/important. Just an idea. It may not be what you're looking for though.
    Thats a sweet idea. But I dont think I trust myself to do that and not make the picture look weird. Knowing me, thats exactly what I would do lol. Ill try it to see what your talking about though.

Thanks
    Consider using light and shadow to emphasize the characters over the space. That is have the central area with the characters be illuminated by the open ceiling but keep the Egyptian environment areas to the back and side more in shadow.

Thanks
    The reminds me a lot of Raphael's School of Athens (see here), which I feel like was probably intentional? As you continue to reference that painting (and if you're not using it, I think you totally should), I would pay a lot of attention to the character placement. Specifically, most of the characters are placed along a central horizontal line that looks like it has some depth relative to the eye. The right half of your pic is close to this, but the left half is pretty jumbled. The super heroes that you have could be placed where the 2 large statues are, etc. This masterpiece should also be a pretty good ref for the light Hope that helps!

Thanks
    I think I've fixed the scale problem. So far I have Prince and Oprah rendered.

Name:  20180628_221930.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  227.5 KB
    Name:  black-epicness.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  368.8 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FG123 View Post
    The reminds me a lot of Raphael's School of Athens (see here), which I feel like was probably intentional? As you continue to reference that painting (and if you're not using it, I think you totally should), I would pay a lot of attention to the character placement. Specifically, most of the characters are placed along a central horizontal line that looks like it has some depth relative to the eye. The right half of your pic is close to this, but the left half is pretty jumbled. The super heroes that you have could be placed where the 2 large statues are, etc. This masterpiece should also be a pretty good ref for the light Hope that helps!
    Thank you I will consider all of this!!