Thanks

Bash me with your words

pls
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It's nice but the shape of the face looks odd. The eyebrows also look too high up, and the lips too thin. I don't know if a bit of the other side of the lip is meant to show at this angle. Again her nose might need to show the other nostril at this angle. It looks like her features are at a three-quarter angle that is quite close to being a profile (but tstill a three-quarter angle) but it looks weird because the features look like that but a lot of the side of her face is showing. I think if less of the side of the face was showing on the left, it would look much nicer. The chin also may be too square? It would make more sense for there to be an angle going inwards where the mandible is. Also the chin looks a bit to flat, it could use some more form. I'm sure there's a bump where the mental protruburance is on the skull? I suggest you work on proportion, but I think you have lots of potential. The eyes look really lovely.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolves1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You need to think about construction http://drawabox.com/ take a look Loomis head and hands book, proko's youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPN...135B8D190B7C97 (basic loomis constuction doesn't make book worthless) Forget about digital and color, use traditional and start with basics and do studies, now you are like trying to run marathon without doing any training for it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you for recommending me the free drawing class! I'll be sure to check it out. Regarding construction, I will try to apply that to my next piece. I will also try to study the Loomis head technique more!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolves1234 View Post
    It's nice but the shape of the face looks odd. The eyebrows also look too high up, and the lips too thin. I don't know if a bit of the other side of the lip is meant to show at this angle. Again her nose might need to show the other nostril at this angle. It looks like her features are at a three-quarter angle that is quite close to being a profile (but tstill a three-quarter angle) but it looks weird because the features look like that but a lot of the side of her face is showing. I think if less of the side of the face was showing on the left, it would look much nicer. The chin also may be too square? It would make more sense for there to be an angle going inwards where the mandible is. Also the chin looks a bit to flat, it could use some more form. I'm sure there's a bump where the mental protruburance is on the skull? I suggest you work on proportion, but I think you have lots of potential. The eyes look really lovely.
    Thank you for providing such small details about the anatomy! After you pointing them out, they become more visible and easier to adjust! I also agree that the shape of the face is odd and overall the angle. I will try to fix everything in my next piece.

Also, glad you like the eyes. Probably shouldn't have done it, but I spent a lot of time on them instead of trying to find problems with the face. BUT THANK YOU

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nachigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  girl on boat with dood CONCEPTART.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  111.4 KB

No one responded to me yet so ill just post it here
    This is rather different from the style i went for above, but I still wanted to achieve some kind of form in this cartoony style. Someone suggested to do grayscale before actually coloring so thats what I did. Also to the person above, I've started trying to learn the fundamentals by learning from drawabox or uncomfortable.