Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks

CHOW 456 Toxic Tribesman (Finals)

CHOW 456 Toxic Tribesman (Finals)

Character of the Week #465
    Toxic Tribesman
    Deadline - Monday, June 18th
    8AM GMT

The winner of this round will have their work displayed on the CHOW banner for the next five rounds!

In the near future humanity will live in massive, self-sufficient cities that care little about what goes on beyond their walls. The scraps of humanity deemed not wealthy or worthy to live inside have formed primitive tribes in the shattered wastelands that are nothing more than a dumping ground for the waste from the luxurious metropolises.

The continent spanning rubbish tip holds many dangers from nuclear waste to extremely hazardous chemicals, but amongst this, gangs and tribes thrive, using everything they find, from old clothing, scrap built arms and armour and even using the toxic waste as a weapon against their rivals.

This means you are as likely to find a tin pot armoured giant wielding a nuclear slurry throwers as a tribesman wearing last year’s discarded designer dress wielding a toaster-hammer.

• Male or female human
    • Dirty. All clothing / weapons made from scavenged materials form the city’s waste.
    • (Optional) Uses toxic materials as weaponry.
    • Genre is near future and/or sci fi.

The Rules:

- FINALS: Must post in finals thread before the deadline
    - KNEES UP: Must show at least 3/4 of the character, from at least the knees up.
    - FRONT VIEW: Must be able to see the front of design. No back views without a front.
    - WIPS: Must show at least 2 work in progress shots either in the wips thread or finals thread.
    - READABLE: Design must be readable, as in a 3D model could be made from your image.
    - ONLY ONE: May only submit one entry. No multiple submissions.
    - 3D: Must be originally created models, excluding primitives. 3D paint-overs permitted. If you choose to use 3D in whole or in part you must show a screenshot of the model in 3D software with final entry.
    - UNACCEPTABLE: These are not permitted: Photos, photo paint-overs, photobashing, pre-made or purchased 3D
    models
    , rushed works/ rough sketches.
    - NEW USERS: Must submit entries by 6pm GMT on due date, due to conceptart.org's moderation process:

- DESIGN: Design your character for the brief, not your personal fetish. Nudes without some design are not permitted.
    - READ: Read through the threads; there may be answers to your questions already posted.
    - FUN: Have fun!

Read more: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...#ixzz5IPfxdA6b
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Junk Dog Pyro. Acrylic on paper.
    Messed up the face and hair a bit, comments and critique welcome.

Name:  pyro copy.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  240.7 KB

Name:  wips.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  289.6 KB

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Eh, i guess this is it... Not super happy with how it came out but whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "The whole point of practice is to do it until you can do it right." - dpaint

DA

Sketch Book

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EleMont For This Useful Post:

Thanks

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Moirae: Great traditional approach man. It's nice to see some traditional work here once in awhile. I might actually have a go at this sometime when I have a little time. Love the comical play on your character as well.

Elemont: I really liked your piece as well man, your rendering style is unique and your bold color use is great. Conceptually I was a little confused on what exactly was going on in your piece with the birds and everything. Either way, really nice work man.

Thanks
    Thanks man, I guess the idea was that this guy made all his gear from trash, so I added seagulls because they like that stuff. The thing on his head was based on a vaperizer, I just switched from smoking to vaping so I had it in my head. I figured it needed a power source so I added car battery. I could of made it a little clearer, and I think adding a backview would of helped as I had worked out how it would work with fans and the pipes but didnt have time.
    "The whole point of practice is to do it until you can do it right." - dpaint

DA

Sketch Book

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EleMont For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Elemont: I totally see where you coming from now after you explained it some. I think a back view would have explained a lot more of your concept indeed. Either way great work and I really love the rendering style you come with, and again that color use is awesome man.

Thanks
    Elemont: I actually thought that was his helmet, and he was breathing in all the fumes. I didn't see the little goggles underneath until later, but there is a sort of face in the glass, the dark area at the top as sunken eyes and a stripe down the middle for a nose. Or is that just me?

Lege1:
    There is a lot going on with your character, such as the nice contrast of whimsical and dangerous like wielding a mop as a weapon whilst saving the big sharp nasty buzzsaw for a hat. Scale confuses me slightly in places, is that a really small traffic cone on his head?

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Moirae: Thank you very much and I'm glad you see that contrast of whimsy and danger; I was absolutely pushing for that with this design. That is actually a half of traffic cone on the characters head; I thought it was fitting with the bright orange and striped banding to give more of a tribesman type look.