Thanks

Choosing a display graphics tablet for photo editing?

Hey everyone,

I am a industrial designer 3rd student as well as photographer , Looking to invest in a tablet for multiple reasons, but wanted to ask anyone if they have used a good tablet for photo editing? I heard that The difference in mainly in the pen tilt/rotation, pen pressure, screen parallax, expresskeys, multi-touch, and tablet stand. .My friend has an XP-Pen Artist 15.6 ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist15-6-.../dp/B0785682VP ) 15.6 inch display which is works perfectly, and I am jealous of it. it's a solid beast that's designed for that purpose:

I would like to be able to take a tablet with me instead of my laptop when I travel, and still be able to edit photos. I have looked into XP-Pen Artist 22E pro ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Dr.../dp/B07CP1LMHJ ) 21.5 inch display which looks awesome , are these one recommendable? But before I buy I wanted to get some Info from experienced people.

Things that are important:

-enough processing power and RAM to do the job without pinwheels all day

-good stylus compatibility (any stylus recommendations?)

Thanks in advance!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    None of the tablets you mentioned can be used without a laptop or a computer. I think what you're looking for is the MobileStudio Pro, which is a computer & a pen display in one device. It's pricey, but does the job. In the case of the XP-Pen 15.6 you linked to, you can power it from your laptop if the USB port can provide enough power to it, but it doesn't work as a stand-alone device.

From what I know, parallax is the worst issue you could face in pen display as the one you mentioned. There could be some installation issues too, but once you're past these, you could use your device to your heart content.

Have you considered getting a regular graphics tablet instead? The one without screen? Because it's much easier & more affordable to carry one with a laptop on the go & work that way, you are less likely going to need a larger one compared in the case you want to draw with it.