Thanks

Donnat's Sketch Dump

Name:  Bp_NOGmcFq4dg9q_70MKbHncD8vM-Z_hK64tX49-p-s.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  398.1 KB

Consists of drawing exercises and random sketches. RULE: post something before 12MN
    Last edited by donnatgonuts; June 12th, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Name:  06-10-2018.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  206.7 KB

From the prompt "Pretzel and Newspaper"

I thought it would be cut to sketch a toddler making pretzel cut outs from newspapers.

Thanks
    Name:  Bp_NOGmcFq4dg9q_70MKbHncD8vM-Z_hK64tX49-p-s.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  398.1 KB

Expanding my visual library.

I've accumulated a bunch of reference books on random topics in an ambitious plan to improve my visual library but drawing unfamiliar things has always intimidated me, so I've come up with a challenge to force my butt into action.

Every morning, I'll randomly select a page from the book "Ultimate Visual Library" by DK and draw whatever is on the page. Today's item was Ships from Greece and Rome. Complexity of objects will differ so I might not always come up with finished illustrations but I will try my best to complete one within the day.

I'm also going through a bunch of perspective assignments from drawbox.com so I'll probably post those as well.

Thanks
    I can’t offer much advice as I’m a total novice. But I really like the ship, the complexity of that would totally intimidate me!

Thanks
    thank artbyjoe

Honestly I froze when I saw the page. But someone said "anything is better than nothing" hahaha

Thanks
    Name:  JD1_oAcanJN7FImufJ4_Teb9U-hY8wuKoE-G4yDmvBw.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  116.9 KBName:  mrUP1hxiHBKOErtnHmOQYlnL7xPpndYgYdKURevjthA.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  99.1 KB

Started off with some drawbox exercises. I don't know if I was doing the ghosting exercise right but I surprisingly enjoyed drawing the super imposed lines. Looking forward to more pages of these

Day #2 of UVD: Leaves

After drawing a complicated item, I was a bit disappointed with today's topic. Nonetheless, plant life has been on my list-to-learn and I was able to practice curved lines. The black lotus was fun to draw. The overlapping leaves gave it some visual interest. Maybe I could include it in one of my illustrations. hmmmm....

Thanks
    Name:  day 3.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  107.6 KB
    Name:  day 4.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  92.8 KB
    Name:  Day 3 and 4.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  109.9 KB

Day #3-4: INSECTS

Just like before, warmed up with some drawbox exercises before moving on to UVD studies. Stupid me didn't watch the tutorial video so I went through 4 pages doing it wrong before getting it right. I might do more of this exercise just to make up for my mistake.

Back in college, we thought up a world where inhabitants were half human half insect. I was really surprised how weird the small critters looked up close. This is probably where many sci-fi monsters were based on. Despite their cringe-worthy appearance, I find them fascinating and look forward to drawing more studies.

It's difficult to post via mobile phone here so my updates aren't as quick, but posting daily has been effective in keeping me accountable so I'll keep at it! I wasn't able to do much this weekend (because life) but I'll start over again tomorrow.