Thanks

Alex's Sketchbook + Digital Studies

Hello,

I'm new to these forums. I'm 22, and I will finish my Fine Arts degree in about a year. I can't say I've ever been particularly confident in my art. It always seems to be so lackluster compared to others, and I greatly fear that I will not be hired. It is very uncommon, but I would like to become a foreign animator in Japan, despite the conditions of the industry. I know I'm not good enough for that, so I'm trying to "get good" as fast as I can in time for graduation and my Senior Show. Despite my interest in anime, I definitely prefer the more realistic styles of the catagory, such as Katsuhiro Otomo, and Koji Morimoto.

I am very interested in critiques, if anyone is interested in speaking their mind. I know that my art is very poor, depressing even, but I still hope to improve. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images                    

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello Matsuda, good job, your are good photographic vision and i think you are a good potential. For the drawing, life drawing try to do a assignement , ex gesture or structure ( it's better traditionnal or on paper ) see glen Vilppu, michael hampton and lightly different in the gesture steve huston and chris legaspi. Because u see the line to the body but u training enought for the gesture and structure, that's why it's flat. After you will can training with the shadow but one things at a time.
    I thinking that you done it's cool but you don't control the basic tools for improve your draw.
    I hope that my opinion is literal and this will give a new way.
    Keep it up man

Thanks
    I'll second Vilppu. I have watched only two videos so far, and I've learned so much already. He has everything from the very basic to advanced figure drawing and anatomy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by féfé73 View Post
    Hello Matsuda, good job, your are good photographic vision and i think you are a good potential. For the drawing, life drawing try to do a assignement , ex gesture or structure ( it's better traditionnal or on paper ) see glen Vilppu, michael hampton and lightly different in the gesture steve huston and chris legaspi. Because u see the line to the body but u training enought for the gesture and structure, that's why it's flat. After you will can training with the shadow but one things at a time.
    I thinking that you done it's cool but you don't control the basic tools for improve your draw.
    I hope that my opinion is literal and this will give a new way.
    Keep it up man
    I'm not sure that I fully understand... What do you mean about line and body? I will certainly check those guys out, I bet they're pretty good.

Thanks
    Sorry my english is poor. but you understand when you see the video and tutorial

Thanks
    It's ok. I will look into that for sure, seems like a nice resource really.