Thanks

Exclamation HELP! Art Center vs Laguna College of Art and Design (illustration major)

Due to the mixed reviews I keep finding of both of these colleges, I am attempting to get some opinions/information from people who have attended either schools on this website. (Specifically those who were in their illustration program) I'm interested in finding out how organized the schools are, how well the professors teach, what specific things do their programs focus on, financial aid, etc. Currently I am leaning towards the entertainment focused illustration program and illustration design, so if you know anything about that, that would be very helpful!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I am also in search of information on the Laguna College of Art and Design, but for the animation major.

The student work seems very impressive and the accepted portfolios give me the impression that on art alone its not an impossible school to get into. Its also quite a lot more affordable than Calarts.

The thing that concerns me quite a bit is that on their website they say grades are equally important to art, and that they only accept people with above average grades. I'm in junior year right now and my gpa is 2.6. I have struggled a lot in the past with academics (in particular, math) and have received more Fs in math then I'd like to admit. I started to pick myself up grade wise last quarter of junior year and plan to really go at it senior year, but the "above average grade" thing is still scary.

Does anyone here go to this school or know more about it?