Thread: El Duo

Thanks

El Duo

Hello.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,584 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Badly posed 3d figures, badly painted over, no edge control and over use of photo bashing. Do you even make your models or are they generic ones downloaded?

Thanks
    Where is your focal point as you have everywhere details
    http://www.muddycolors.com/2015/04/w...-illustration/
    You should learn how to foundations before you start using those tools that you are using

Thanks
    LOL. Worthless.

Thanks
    but did you make any of the assets or is this all pre-bought stuff placed together in poser or whatever? I think it would help critiquing if we knew what you actually did.

Thanks
    The art is in the vision and the execution, not in the method or the means. Sorry you don't know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. Well posed and none of your business where the "models" came from.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 967 Posts
    As you don't respect other people's opinions on your work, I suggest you get your critiques elsewhere.
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eezacque For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't respect bullies.

Thanks
    There is absolutely no photo bashing in this image. None. Is this an example of your "artist eye?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mathis12 View Post
    I don't respect bullies.
    I suggest you ignore the comments you don't like...
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    I have detected a trend on this website in which some of the "critics" are using "critique" to enforce a hierarchy with them on top. This is classic bullying which I chose not to ignore. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
    This is pretty rough, but in theory has some hope.

Top down - the models look stiff and are badly painted over. Case in point - the right guy looks like the south park episode where cartman glued pubes to his face... and I am not certain if that is a double chin or bad beard line.

The left guy looks Hispanic, but has black hands. Typically that skin tone should be more consistent.

Right guy's hands don't match and are bleached white in areas.

The background looks like they are standing in front of a painting at a mexican restaurant. If you plan on photobashing random bits with a 3d model or two then you need to bring the 'matt painting' more on point.

Lighting ins pretty inconsistent between the 3d model shadows, the background, hats, heck even the copy/pasted 'ranch sign post'.

Man on the left has no thumb on his (facing us) left hand.

Those bullets are way too big for that hand gun and the right hip (facing us) has no depth to them.

The guy on the left's black portion of the clothes are made of what? Vantablack material? There should be texture visible in the near-noon day sun and not just black holes.

On the plus side the face on the left looks well done in terms of texture, freckle marks, coloring, etc.

The right guy's gun looks way too glossy and the barrel seems to do a 90 degree turn post the hand.

The left guy's pistol is missing a trigger guard AND the handle is way too flat out.

There's promise, but many issues.

Side note - cut the 'tude, Gary. It seems you were used to folks showering you with useless praise and stroking you off over here. If you want to meander around and continue doing pud work then by all means. Continue on the false platitudes. If you ask folks for an honest critique and people are coming to the same conclusion then you should be looking to update what you are doing.

The choice is yours on how you want to approach things.
    Last edited by modi123; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:52 PM.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Classic bully response but I will answer. (1) Models are well posed and you're wrong about that. (2) Humans don't have uniform skin tones all over their body. (3) You're right, the white guy's hands could be better. (4) There is no photobashing at all in this pic. You're wrong about that. (5) The ranch sign is not copy/pasted. It's UV mapped and rendered. (6) man's thumb is not missing, it's there. (7) size of the "bullets" depends on the caliber. (8) You're right the shot gun is too glossy. (9) the trigger guard is simply hidden by the holster. Appreciate the constructive, valid criticisms vis a vis the hands and the gun. Don't appreciate the bullying bs.
    Last edited by mathis12; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Aren't you just a peach.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    First of all critique is not personal attack but you could figure out what is most important thing in your piece as you have tendency to put details where its not needed, take a look these
    Name:  russia7-1024x780.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  279.1 KBName:  Rembrandt-a.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  349.9 KBName:  Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema - The triumph of Titus AD 71 The Flavians.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  142.1 KBName:  #343s-mercader-de-alfombras-Jean-Leon Gerome.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  121.1 KB
    You need simplicity in order to have details and clarity so you get things to show up what is important for story of piece, usually there you see contrasts (value, edge shape etc.)
    Last edited by stonec; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:28 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 32