Thread: Doughboy

Thanks

Doughboy

Please review. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Skin texture looks like rust, Are you using PBR metal shader? Your texture size is way too low for a character model. No obvious ambient occlusion. But UVs and actual model is good despite being a little low poly. Specular on everything but the face is way too weak. Could have had more detail on the clothes using normal or height maps. The post processing you've done completely ruins the color balance as well.

Thanks
    Nice jargon. If I didn't know better, I'd think you know what you're talking about.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mathis12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,624 Times in 4,561 Posts
    You are allowed to ignore critiques that you disagree with, but do not respond rudely.

When you say "Please review", review what? If you had bothered to read the stickies here, you are required to ask about what problem you are having with an image. We are not mind readers.

The focal point is his lips as they are the most detailed. Is he wearing an earring on his unfinished ear? The dirt is not random as it should be and looks fake, but not in a boot polish way. And the cloth feels rigid; while it is thick, it should have some indication that it is cloth and not cardboard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is not a photograph so "color balance" is a meaningless concept. "Skin color looks like rust." I have no idea what that means. Yep, the clothes need some bump.

Thanks
    No reason the dirt on someone's face would be "random." The ear does not appear unfinished to me but the highlight should not be there. Agree that the clothes need some bump and maybe some wrinkles. Don't know why you couldn't say it like that. BTW, I call bullies out. Sorry.
    Last edited by mathis12; June 4th, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 35