Thanks

Rendering critique

Hello, could u critique my rendering? What can i improve? Thx https://imgur.com/a/ndw9FiD

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You definitely have the right idea, but you can take it further. Slow down. You're not really in control of the charcoal. you scribble and smudge too much and it makes especially the first drawing looks hazy. The last drawing is your best, but take more care in your work. The cleaner you work the more power you have to express subtlety in forms. Tight drawing isn't the only good style, however think about the purpose of cast drawing for the last few hundred years. There's good reasons that students made them very precise. For example look at a drawing Eakins did as a student.

Name:  Eakins.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  30.7 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCowan View Post
    You definitely have the right idea, but you can take it further. Slow down. You're not really in control of the charcoal. you scribble and smudge too much and it makes especially the first drawing looks hazy. The last drawing is your best, but take more care in your work. The cleaner you work the more power you have to express subtlety in forms. Tight drawing isn't the only good style, however think about the purpose of cast drawing for the last few hundred years. There's good reasons that students made them very precise. For example look at a drawing Eakins did as a student.

Name:  Eakins.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  30.7 KB
    Thanks for this tip! I do one of my work in about 5 hours, some others less than 3hours. Now im taking a proportional divider to measure stuffs. I watch at a Ipad pro screen and then measure and bring all to the canvas. I ve not ever drawed from a photo sheet .
    Yeah i know i cant really render or control charvoal as i render in graphite. Do you know why? Maybe because with my graphite lead (2mm) i have much thinner point and more detail?? Thanks
    Also im beginning at oil painting. Im searching some tips here in the forum and thoose are my excercises for now https://imgur.com/a/7jmu3cQ
    I can really see how oil is dofferent from pencil for me.. its hard to render like i want i mean.

Ps : do you have any source or references pack for casts?? Thanks
    Last edited by gnko; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:21 AM.