Thanks

Smile First art post - Looking for feedbacks

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I'm looking for critique and tips to improve my work and to keep in mind for next artworks. I've already tryed to ask feedbacks on fb groups but I didn't get any one ^^"
    Constructive critics for me are really important to improve and move on so I hope to get some help from you.

Name:  the meetingLQ.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  126.2 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    This is gorgeous.

Currently it seems like she's a mermaid in a dirty pond. Which is in-itself an intriguing concept, but doesn't seem to fit the overall vibe or reality depicted in the piece.

You seem to be in need of more cheerful colors and brighter light. Here's a bit of an exaggerated example of what I feel might make it sing. Granted this is all just my opinion.
    Name:  Telepathy.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  168.6 KB
    Feel free to add saturation and value contrast points throughout the image. The eye travels by jumping. So why would you cater to something less than chaotic? Just make sure they are all subordinate to the main focal point which will be the strongest of these.

Also, I basically follow one rule: if a color is only one color, you've got a problem. It needs to be at least two or three. Meaning if you've got some blue, add some green or purple then throw some yellow to that green or some red to that purple. It's about building intensity or temperature.
    Last edited by David_a_ray; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:59 PM.

Thanks
    thank you! really good feedback. I will try to add saturation and to play a bit with colours on this piece as soon as I can, the sample is exaggerated but gives the idea.
    Thank you, I see it differently now!