Thanks

Critique please :)

New to this site and new to painting in general, my first finished piece! Any critique would be amazing and a paint over or some red line corrections would be super useful thank you in advance~Name:  23.jpg
Views: 1689
Size:  71.5 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hiya! welcome aboard!!
    Ok crits! here we go.
    Firstly when posting give as much detail on what yo want from the image and what it is supposed to be, if you do that we can help you much better and you get better feedback.
    ok on with it:-
    I think her eye is a little large matey! it takes up most of her head and leaves no room for brains, also you took her nose away, how does she breathe.
    Even if this is a cartoon figure you need to hint at something that stops her suffocating.
    swing that left shoulder a little more to the viewer as well its a bit savage to look over your shoulder that far ( I tried lol) and move the other to compensate.

Hope this helps!
    A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Another thing!!

Read all the stickies at the top, well certainly the one about getting the most out of Critique. That one is a must!
    A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think this might be a Steven Universe's Sapphire fanart.

About the critiques:

1- Image is too big. I can't see the whole piece on the screen (and I'm on Full HD);
    2- Good job on the mouth 👍;
    3- Neck looks a bit weird. Maybe because her shoulders are too narrow/head too big. If that's an intended distortion, I think the neck should be a bit thinner or have some other shape that would smooth the transition between a small body and a massive head;
    4- There could be some cast shadow showing the shape of her bangs or something. The cast shadow on the eye looks very smooth and regular and doesn't really match the shape of her hair;
    5- Maybe a little cast shadow from the hair on her neck and shoulders would ease the transition out of the main focus area.
    "There're no lines in real life" / Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pilgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightship69 View Post
    Another thing!!

Read all the stickies at the top, well certainly the one about getting the most out of Critique. That one is a must!
    thank you i was so excited to find a site that offered critiques that i forgot to do my research, will do!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgo View Post
    I think this might be a Steven Universe's Sapphire fanart.

About the critiques:

1- Image is too big. I can't see the whole piece on the screen (and I'm on Full HD);
    2- Good job on the mouth ;
    3- Neck looks a bit weird. Maybe because her shoulders are too narrow/head too big. If that's an intended distortion, I think the neck should be a bit thinner or have some other shape that would smooth the transition between a small body and a massive head;
    4- There could be some cast shadow showing the shape of her bangs or something. The cast shadow on the eye looks very smooth and regular and doesn't really match the shape of her hair;
    5- Maybe a little cast shadow from the hair on her neck and shoulders would ease the transition out of the main focus area.
    yes it is supposed to be sapphire, hence the eye and the colour, thank you for the critiques I'll start working on it right away

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightship69 View Post
    Hiya! welcome aboard!!
    Ok crits! here we go.
    Firstly when posting give as much detail on what yo want from the image and what it is supposed to be, if you do that we can help you much better and you get better feedback.
    ok on with it:-
    I think her eye is a little large matey! it takes up most of her head and leaves no room for brains, also you took her nose away, how does she breathe.
    Even if this is a cartoon figure you need to hint at something that stops her suffocating.
    swing that left shoulder a little more to the viewer as well its a bit savage to look over your shoulder that far ( I tried lol) and move the other to compensate.

Hope this helps!
    savage haha, thats a super good point though I'll try to rotate them a little ^^ I can try to make her face a little more realistic too, what with adding a nose and all, thank you so much