Thanks

Need some advice on how to get better, what are my main problems

Hi.

So i started doing art seriously about a year ago, i did not seen any tutorial videos, i usually look at artworks from professionals and i am trying to figure out how was the object made. My biggest inspiration is Anton Fadeev, you can see his works here: https://www.artstation.com/shant
    I started doing art because of him, and he's work was a huge influance on my style.

So after a little bit of background information, here are my stuff. I am not trying to achieve realistic look, and colors, i want to do concept art for indie games (imagine something like Hyper Light Drifter, Adrift, Journey, Abzu, so colorfull, "simplier"?) on one day.
    I would stick to the enviroment side of it right now, i don't have interest in drawing people, but i know that, it is an essential thing and part for concept art.

Anyway, i need advice and opinion on my works, where i need to improve. Also my clouds are still really flat on some of my artworks.
    A few things waht i am noticed: i think my works are still flat, i can't capture the feel of deep, close and distance. Still need details, some part of my works are lack of details, they are too simple. I have problem with the shadows too. Maybe i need to use some different brushes for more details.
    I love my colors, but if there is some problem whit it, please give me some tips.

Thank you so much for commenting. It will help me a lot, so thank you for your input and advices. And sorry for my english.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by C0M; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 967 Posts
    I like some of your concepts, and although you're not interesting in achieving a realistic look, I suggest you study the real thing. Do landscapes, preferably from life, or from reference.
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eezacque For This Useful Post:

C0M

Thanks
    When I look at your art I feel that values are same, no matter how far the objects are and that makes it look a bit flat. To achieve more depth you should add some aerial perspective to separate the planes. Remember that object saturation, contrast and detail level decreases with distance. I like the ideas of your paintings !

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meszka For This Useful Post: