Thread: Trolling

Thanks

Lightbulb Trolling

Classic fantasy fight scene, I would like to do more RPG work, so I did this one just for the show.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k56Od

Name:  rastislav-le-1ce.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  188.9 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TsN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Not bad.. though that fire confuses me for a few reasons. It looks like the troll is.. warming his kibbles and bits over it? Straddling it in some fashion? Seeems like the fur shorts would catch on fire when roasting his chestnuts.

Also if the fire is leaving that much of a glow on the left half why isn't it on the right?
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    I think the lady on the right must be trying to roast the troll's chestnuts on an open fire. I agree, the fire would light the right side of the troll, too. I think the lady should have a little more glow from the fire on her, since she's closer. Maybe the guy's right hand should be a little larger?

That said, I like the level of detail and the textures a lot. The worm's-eye view is a nice touch.
    "A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Thanks
    cool image mate
    People keep telling me : " Why do you keep suggesting courses and books instead of just giving me the solution directly ? "

Well if i could condense all the necessary informations that take hours of explanation and demonstration into a single post, i would gladly do it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xtal View Post
    I think the lady on the right must be trying to roast the troll's chestnuts on an open fire. I agree, the fire would light the right side of the troll, too. I think the lady should have a little more glow from the fire on her, since she's closer. Maybe the guy's right hand should be a little larger?

That said, I like the level of detail and the textures a lot. The worm's-eye view is a nice touch.
    Thank you both for your input, I agree , I was not thinking too much about the purpose of the fire, it was all just decision based on values. I have tested some color palettes in the earlier process and this looked good to me
    For the size of the hands and so on, I have used a 3D base for figures.

Thanks
    Yeah, I agree You gave me a good laugh though.
    But if I was that guy who is making all kinds of excuses, I would say that the troll's equipment is fire resistance +1, thats why she need some help from the melee fighter

Thanks
    Looks pretty amazing man. I like what you did with the dynamics of the scene. What I would suggest to make it better (this is just my opinion and how I would tackle it) is to make the sky a little lighter so that the silhouette of the troll pops out a little bit more and you get some depth in the image. Otherwise, again, really great piece.