Thread: non art job

Thanks

non art job

I want to know what job do you do or have in your daily life when you are not making art. Could you tell me?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Office jobs, wait service jobs, phone jobs, IT jobs.. all sorts of jobs... but not the of the hand variety. I have my dignity.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modi123 View Post
    Office jobs, wait service jobs, phone jobs, IT jobs.. all sorts of jobs... but not the of the hand variety. I have my dignity.
    So, no hand jobs, blow jobs, nose jobs, boob jobs, or anything else as politician?
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    I work part time (~20 hours, more if I want to) in an office. I have worked as a waiter, tutor, research assistant and in various other desk jobs in the past. I also occasionally do translations as a freelancer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    So, no hand jobs, blow jobs, nose jobs, boob jobs, or anything else as politician?
    Oh no.. see.. you got it all wrong. Politicians get other.. peasants.. to do those 'jobs' while reaping the benefits. I would be sooooooooo happy if I was a politician.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,573 Times in 4,531 Posts

Thanks
    I manage all the super evil organizations across the globe, part-time, obviously.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    I work part time (~20 hours, more if I want to) in an office. I have worked as a waiter, tutor, research assistant and in various other desk jobs in the past. I also occasionally do translations as a freelancer.
    translations? what languages do you know? I know some languages and was planning also to work on translations as freelancer to get extra money. Maybe my idea is not wrong after all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexaa View Post
    translations? what languages do you know? I know some languages and was planning also to work on translations as freelancer to get extra money. Maybe my idea is not wrong after all.
    I primarily translate English to German. Getting steady work in that field is difficult here unless you have a certificate (which in turn is very hard to get). I get those jobs primarily because of contacts I have within a big IT advisory firm.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 2,727 Posts
    art store jobs are okay, you get access to free or discounted supplies, etc. money isn't that great though.
    I worked in electronics manufacturing and construction until I could get a production art gig. At the time those industries paid well and had good benefits which let me paint in the evenings and on weekends. What you don't want is a job that requires too much of your time, better to be a boring security guard somewhere than working doing something that requires more than 40 hours a week and leaves you no time for art practice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    art store jobs are okay, you get access to free or discounted supplies, etc. money isn't that great though.
    I worked in electronics manufacturing and construction until I could get a production art gig. At the time those industries paid well and had good benefits which let me paint in the evenings and on weekends. What you don't want is a job that requires too much of your time, better to be a boring security guard somewhere than working doing something that requires more than 40 hours a week and leaves you no time for art practice.
    You're right, we should all be able to have time for art.

Members who have read this thread: 26