Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: non art job

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    non art job

    I want to know what job do you do or have in your daily life when you are not making art. Could you tell me?


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,586
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 534 Times in 464 Posts
    Office jobs, wait service jobs, phone jobs, IT jobs.. all sorts of jobs... but not the of the hand variety. I have my dignity.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,364
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modi123 View Post
    Office jobs, wait service jobs, phone jobs, IT jobs.. all sorts of jobs... but not the of the hand variety. I have my dignity.
    So, no hand jobs, blow jobs, nose jobs, boob jobs, or anything else as politician?
    Grinnikend door het leven...

    Sketchbook Blog

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to eezacque For This Useful Post:

    Izi

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    2,136
    Thanks
    249
    Thanked 925 Times in 550 Posts
    I work part time (~20 hours, more if I want to) in an office. I have worked as a waiter, tutor, research assistant and in various other desk jobs in the past. I also occasionally do translations as a freelancer.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,586
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 534 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    So, no hand jobs, blow jobs, nose jobs, boob jobs, or anything else as politician?
    Oh no.. see.. you got it all wrong. Politicians get other.. peasants.. to do those 'jobs' while reaping the benefits. I would be sooooooooo happy if I was a politician.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,867
    Thanks
    4,188
    Thanked 6,638 Times in 4,572 Posts

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    I manage all the super evil organizations across the globe, part-time, obviously.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    I work part time (~20 hours, more if I want to) in an office. I have worked as a waiter, tutor, research assistant and in various other desk jobs in the past. I also occasionally do translations as a freelancer.
    translations? what languages do you know? I know some languages and was planning also to work on translations as freelancer to get extra money. Maybe my idea is not wrong after all.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    2,136
    Thanks
    249
    Thanked 925 Times in 550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexaa View Post
    translations? what languages do you know? I know some languages and was planning also to work on translations as freelancer to get extra money. Maybe my idea is not wrong after all.
    I primarily translate English to German. Getting steady work in that field is difficult here unless you have a certificate (which in turn is very hard to get). I get those jobs primarily because of contacts I have within a big IT advisory firm.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,474
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked 6,544 Times in 2,756 Posts
    art store jobs are okay, you get access to free or discounted supplies, etc. money isn't that great though.
    I worked in electronics manufacturing and construction until I could get a production art gig. At the time those industries paid well and had good benefits which let me paint in the evenings and on weekends. What you don't want is a job that requires too much of your time, better to be a boring security guard somewhere than working doing something that requires more than 40 hours a week and leaves you no time for art practice.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    art store jobs are okay, you get access to free or discounted supplies, etc. money isn't that great though.
    I worked in electronics manufacturing and construction until I could get a production art gig. At the time those industries paid well and had good benefits which let me paint in the evenings and on weekends. What you don't want is a job that requires too much of your time, better to be a boring security guard somewhere than working doing something that requires more than 40 hours a week and leaves you no time for art practice.
    You're right, we should all be able to have time for art.

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    I smoke weed and teach people how to do magick
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Members who have read this thread: 35

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Designed by The Coldest Water, we build the coldest best water bottles, ice packs and best pillows.