Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    What do you think of this?

    Hi everyone,
    What do you think of this painting?
    I have just finished it, I used mixed medias (watercolour,black ink pen,gouache and digital).
    I appreciate any kind of advice you can give me!
    Name:  B0831C80-6C23-45A2-B4E4-07051075BC08.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  304.8 KB
    Last edited by Dododoodles; April 29th, 2018 at 05:50 PM.


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I think that you should use that black ink pen on her eyes too, because then the hair grab all attention (since the hair is darker than eyes) and it looks a little bit weird. Other than that, it's a nice painting.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by okshim View Post
    I think that you should use that black ink pen on her eyes too, because then the hair grab all attention (since the hair is darker than eyes) and it looks a little bit weird. Other than that, it's a nice painting.
    Thank you so much! I’ll try to fix it!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 197 Times in 122 Posts
    Try to simplify your hair into big chunks rather than throwing random squiggly lines everywhere. I personally like how Sinix does hair, you can find his tutorials on youtube.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anton Juntunen For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 65 Times in 48 Posts
    She could use some more cranium space. I love your inking technique!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to misterdistant For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Juntunen View Post
    Try to simplify your hair into big chunks rather than throwing random squiggly lines everywhere. I personally like how Sinix does hair, you can find his tutorials on youtube.
    I know, sometimes I find it a bit difficult to draw hair, I’m seriously trying to improve, I really like the way Audra Auclair draws and inks hair and I will give a look to the artist you’re talking about, thank you for your critique and for your tip!
    Anyways if you want to see more of my paintings here is my Insta:https://www.instagram.com/_dododoodles_/

    Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Dododoodles; May 1st, 2018 at 06:32 PM.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdistant View Post
    She could use some more cranium space. I love your inking technique!
    Ahh thank you so much!!

  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Her hair on the left side looks a bit weird.
    Really love the colors and uniqueness of your style!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaSplit For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaSplit View Post
    Her hair on the left side looks a bit weird.
    Really love the colors and uniqueness of your style!
    Thank you so much!!
    That left side is supposed to be part of a bigger panel,that’s why it might look a bit weird ahah
    If you want to see more of my paintings here is my Insta:https://www.instagram.com/_dododoodles_/
    Lots of love!

Members who have read this thread: 38

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Designed by The Coldest Water, we build the coldest best water bottles, ice packs and best pillows.