Thanks

P.O.W #101: 101 Damnations

Deadline: May 13, 2018

Topic A: 101 Damnations

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In all P.O.W.! Challenges, you can interpret the art any way you wish, and the more creatively, the better. Any media. B&W or Color, unless we specifically point out otherwise.

You can present your solution as a minimum of TWO pages to any practical maximum you wish.

Your pages can be any format, but make sure they line up to the same specs for each page.
    Standard comic specs are below, if you like, and, yes, you can have the first or last (or both) as a splash page if you want--just don't get TOO extreme on page counts.

REMEMBER: You don't have to have a complete comic to qualify for polling--if you realize you're running out of time, try to get at least TWO pages finished by the deadline. That's all you need to qualify for polling..

Standard Comic Book Size: (a guideline, not a rule)

--Trim size: 6 5/8" x 10 1/4"
    --Live art area: 6" x 9"
    --Bleed size before trimming: 6 7/8" x 10 1/2" (1/8" in all directions)

Just a reminder--those of you who didn't get a chance to finish exactly the way you wanted to, or ran into deadline problems, remember there is a sticky section where you can post your stuff when you do get it up to speed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Use this thread for thumbnails, designs, W.I.P.s, discussions, questions, whatever floats yer boat.

I'll make a second thread for posting in which each entrant can post their final to-be-voted-on piece.

I wish everyone good work – may your muse be with you!
    Join us for the EOW..

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I did start something for attack of the boneyard brutes, but never got around to finishing, so am going for a more simplified, sketchy style. Might just clean up the pencils and leave it all scribbly.

First page (yet to be cleaned up and speech added.)

Name:  101 damnations 1.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  255.0 KB
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Might have overworked this a little, comments and critique welcome.

Name:  101d 1 copy.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  281.8 KBName:  101d 2 copy.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  313.2 KB

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Moirae - My first reaction was "wow, that was really effective and the end was a pleasant shock!" The artistic style was well done, I liked those little heads which I liken to gremlins (so headlins) might work. They were like the minions of his subconscious reminding him of his imperfections, flaws, deadly sins committed throughout his life. I also like how you started at 76, and then suicide resets the number sequence again!

Awesome work and loved the interpretation of the theme.
    Join us for the EOW..

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I absolutely love it!
    -The story
    -The art
    -And especially the last panel of having 2 separate events merged into one image.

The only things that could make this great story a bit better (according to my personal taste!!!) would be a bit more body language on the human character based on the strong body language in panel #1, or change the body language in panel #1 to match the neutrality of the others... or do I miss a very important point of this character's development/state of mind in your story telling?

Even though this is a great 2 page comic, having almost identical top single-panel rows can easily disrupt the flow of storytelling.
    But eh, it's just my noob-opinions from an analytical point of view. You still made one of the absolute greatest short comics I have ever seen online!

Please make more!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trixtar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    "Poor marksmanship"...almost had coffee out of my nose from that one.

Did the number roll over to 001, because they've become one of those damnation critters?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfernoKing For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Trixtar: I was trying to depict the character trying to ignore the little damnations, then calmly plotting their demise before snapping. I'm glad the body language difference was enough for someone to spot. Your right about the repeating top panel shape though, not sure what to do about that really, space is limited in a tow page story, otherwise I could just add another row and shove everything down into a third page.

InfernoKing: I like to leave my ending open to interpretation, but in my mind gluttony, sloth and poor marksmanship probably don't matter when you're dead... An alternate final panel was to have all the damnations disappear and have one big one looming over saying "suicide".

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Moirae - Ah now it definitely makes more sense, thanks for explaining Hehe, it's a damnation in itself when having to change a panel and then nothing else fits the rest of all pages anymore xD

I might try the current comic challenge and either finally get some more Clip Studio practice or try out that new Deleter comic paper before I lose it somewhere in a box

Members who have read this thread: 18