Thanks

New to forum / Abstract paintings + portraits

Hello!
    I just joined the forum and here are some of my pictures. This year I will be studying painting and drawing from home and I am looking for a place to share thoughts, get feedback and inspiration. I want to take my painting forward and start to work and explore themes more.

I am not sure exactly how to work with themes but I assume picking a subject or an idea and sticking with it for a while? I you have any good resources or own thoughts on how to start moving from creating more independent images to creating groups of image surrounding a topic I'd be happy to hear them.

The abstract paintings are me exploring the visual language and composition. I am not sure if I will proceed creating more abstract works or more from reference. The abstract pictures come more natural to me but it's much easier to see improvement while working from reference. Also hard to decide a image message and keep a consistency while doing them.

The first, second, third and fifth pictures are in acrylics on canvas. The fourth is oil on canvas. The two last pictures are of studies in oil on paper.

If you think I need improvement on something or have any questions, please let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images                

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member