Thanks

Destroy it, be blunt please.

Hello,

I am new here, my name is Temour, and i believe to improve in art even further it's crucial to get the opinion of other artists with experience, please be honest, blunt and straight forward about your critique, and most important of all, please tell me how you propose to fix something, a paint-over would be an extra bonus,

i will be posting here regularly,

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Looks ok.. though the parallel edge from the front and the back of the head (in the middle) looks weird.

The given outline of the left and head piece don't seem to be a complete line up.

I don't get where the green is coming from, or the general lighting for the matter.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    The lightning is really good!! I think you could tone down some of the texture in the neck area and maybe puts some weight in the head separations. The green also seems a little off but if its part of him leave it.

Thanks
    The clean edges on the floating pieces make it look a little silly to be honest, it makes me think about a broken Mr. Potato Head :/, and their shapes don't quite match up perfectly. I'm not sure if that would be a design flaw you would want to consider.

I'm liking the skin texture so far, but I think there's too much white and not enough midtone, making it look a bit chalky. It looks like the little tendrils on his head are brightly luminescent. There would probably be a significant reflection on his skin, judging by how intense they are.

The long neck cut off at the edge of the piece feels wrong to me as well, maybe his shoulders could show a bit, or he has some sort of suit on that starts to cover the neck, to help the transition off the page? But perhaps, that might be too much of a departure from your original creation. Another option is to push the tone of the background into a deeper shadow, to bring him forward.

Good luck!
    Twitch: @LDogDraws
    Instagram: @eastghoster

Thanks
    Wow Thanks guys, i did not get a notification on the replies, but a gut feeling made me come back,

@modi i was trying to do an iridescent effect but i guess i am failing miserably at it and need to do more photo studies,

@Vertical, Agreed with the texture it's true, and i am glad you like the lighting !

@Mangosalsa, All your comments are spot on, it's the sole reason why i really dont like this painting anymore, the neck is odd indeed, the tendrils are not bright enough when it comes to reflect on the skin i agree on that.

and the chalky thing, i would LOVE to see your feedback on my other paintings,