Thanks

Talking What do you think of some of my drawings?

Hi,
    I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, then in that case, I'm sorry. Anyway I just wanted to get some feedback on some of my ''artworks''. I want to know more about the quality of my sketches and how I could improve drawing and painting!Sometimes I feel insecure about my creativity and I really want to develop an art style that can be called mine.. Thank you so much for your attention!

Name:  arte1.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  267.7 KBName:  arte4.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  226.4 KB
    Name:  arte2.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  341.6 KBName:  arte3.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  267.4 KBName:  arte5.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  305.7 KB

If you want to know more about me,you can check these links here: https://linktr.ee/_dododoodles_
    Lots of love!
    Last edited by Dododoodles; April 26th, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you want to post a bunch of stuff, you're probably better off posting it in the sketchbooks section. As for the drawings themselves, they are nice. Some of the noses look a bit weird and you should probably focus a bit on getting them right. Also lips might be a bit over defined.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AJams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but, hey, it' still a helpful critique, I guess.

Shrink the images a bit before posting, in a manner that each picture would fit in a screen, without the need for scrolling. It's a bit uncomfortable to look at.

I also don't know in which aspect you're looking for critique. I can say some of the faces are very iconographic on some pictures. I'm almost certain you're not looking for realism here, though. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
    "There're no lines in real life" / Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pilgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi there, I can see that you have nice mark making skills Some attractive inking and pencil designs on your portraits.

Your work will definitely benefit from doing studies from life, masters, and photos. Really try to break down the proportions of the face, until you can whip it out confidently like a recipe you know back to front. In the future, it will be easier for us to give you specific critiques if you choose one image to work with, that we can break down in a more condensed way.
    Good luck!
    Twitch: @LDogDraws
    Instagram: @eastghoster

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangosalsa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Like the way you draw hairs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HEBEL. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HEBEL. View Post
    Like the way you draw hairs.
    Thank you so much!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mangosalsa View Post
    Hi there, I can see that you have nice mark making skills Some attractive inking and pencil designs on your portraits.

Your work will definitely benefit from doing studies from life, masters, and photos. Really try to break down the proportions of the face, until you can whip it out confidently like a recipe you know back to front. In the future, it will be easier for us to give you specific critiques if you choose one image to work with, that we can break down in a more condensed way.
    Good luck!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I truly appreciate what you are saying! I had the idea too, before I used to draw in a realistic way and I wanted to try a style that felt more “mine”.. even though I will try and use reference pics. Thank you again for your tips,they will be very useful!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJams View Post
    If you want to post a bunch of stuff, you're probably better off posting it in the sketchbooks section. As for the drawings themselves, they are nice. Some of the noses look a bit weird and you should probably focus a bit on getting them right. Also lips might be a bit over defined.
    Thank you so much! I’m sorry, as said, it’s my first time here but I wasn’t sure where to post it, next time I will! About the lips do you mean the line art or the way they are drawn?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgo View Post
    I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but, hey, it' still a helpful critique, I guess.

Shrink the images a bit before posting, in a manner that each picture would fit in a screen, without the need for scrolling. It's a bit uncomfortable to look at.

I also don't know in which aspect you're looking for critique. I can say some of the faces are very iconographic on some pictures. I'm almost certain you're not looking for realism here, though. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
    No problem! Thank you for saying this and for making me notice,I will try next time.. as I wrote it’s my first time here so I don’t know perfectly how it works. Nope, I used to draw in a realistic way but I wanted to change a bit my style!

Thanks
    Your linework is awesome! Just need to work structurally, your features are off center/out of proportion on most of these, be sure to double check the facial proportions and perspective on the sketch before inking

16. The Following User Says Thank You to misterdistant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,624 Times in 4,561 Posts
    You are drawing symbols and not the actual structure. Get the Loomis books or watch the Proko videos on youtube.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Line weight is all over the place

20. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdistant View Post
    Your linework is awesome! Just need to work structurally, your features are off center/out of proportion on most of these, be sure to double check the facial proportions and perspective on the sketch before inking
    Thank you so much! I’ll try to improve the proportions and the perspective!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    Line weight is all over the place
    Thank you so much for your recommendation!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    You are drawing symbols and not the actual structure. Get the Loomis books or watch the Proko videos on youtube.
    I’ll check them out! Thank you!

Thanks
    About the lips do you mean the line art or the way they are drawn?
    What I mean is that currently the way you draw lips currently looks like they have overly harsh make up on. And that's because of the thick outlines surrounding them. The faces you draw are quite soft so this feels very unintentional. What you want to be doing is using your line work sparingly, and showing the transition between the rest of the face and the lips with colour.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AJams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJams View Post
    What I mean is that currently the way you draw lips currently looks like they have overly harsh make up on. And that's because of the thick outlines surrounding them. The faces you draw are quite soft so this feels very unintentional. What you want to be doing is using your line work sparingly, and showing the transition between the rest of the face and the lips with colour.
    Thank you so much for the advice,I’ll try to do softer lines!