Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Talking What do you think of some of my drawings?

    Hi,
    I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, then in that case, I'm sorry. Anyway I just wanted to get some feedback on some of my ''artworks''. I want to know more about the quality of my sketches and how I could improve drawing and painting!Sometimes I feel insecure about my creativity and I really want to develop an art style that can be called mine.. Thank you so much for your attention!

    Name:  arte1.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  267.7 KBName:  arte4.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  226.4 KB
    Name:  arte2.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  341.6 KBName:  arte3.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  267.4 KBName:  arte5.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  305.7 KB

    If you want to know more about me,you can check these links here: https://linktr.ee/_dododoodles_
    Lots of love!
    Last edited by Dododoodles; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:22 PM.


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    932
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 181 Times in 167 Posts
    If you want to post a bunch of stuff, you're probably better off posting it in the sketchbooks section. As for the drawings themselves, they are nice. Some of the noses look a bit weird and you should probably focus a bit on getting them right. Also lips might be a bit over defined.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AJams For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 124 Times in 103 Posts
    I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but, hey, it' still a helpful critique, I guess.

    Shrink the images a bit before posting, in a manner that each picture would fit in a screen, without the need for scrolling. It's a bit uncomfortable to look at.

    I also don't know in which aspect you're looking for critique. I can say some of the faces are very iconographic on some pictures. I'm almost certain you're not looking for realism here, though. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
    Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to pilgo For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Hi there, I can see that you have nice mark making skills Some attractive inking and pencil designs on your portraits.

    Your work will definitely benefit from doing studies from life, masters, and photos. Really try to break down the proportions of the face, until you can whip it out confidently like a recipe you know back to front. In the future, it will be easier for us to give you specific critiques if you choose one image to work with, that we can break down in a more condensed way.
    Good luck!
    Twitch: @LDogDraws
    Instagram: @eastghoster

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangosalsa For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like the way you draw hairs.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to HEBEL. For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HEBEL. View Post
    Like the way you draw hairs.
    Thank you so much!

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mangosalsa View Post
    Hi there, I can see that you have nice mark making skills Some attractive inking and pencil designs on your portraits.

    Your work will definitely benefit from doing studies from life, masters, and photos. Really try to break down the proportions of the face, until you can whip it out confidently like a recipe you know back to front. In the future, it will be easier for us to give you specific critiques if you choose one image to work with, that we can break down in a more condensed way.
    Good luck!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I truly appreciate what you are saying! I had the idea too, before I used to draw in a realistic way and I wanted to try a style that felt more “mine”.. even though I will try and use reference pics. Thank you again for your tips,they will be very useful!

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJams View Post
    If you want to post a bunch of stuff, you're probably better off posting it in the sketchbooks section. As for the drawings themselves, they are nice. Some of the noses look a bit weird and you should probably focus a bit on getting them right. Also lips might be a bit over defined.
    Thank you so much! I’m sorry, as said, it’s my first time here but I wasn’t sure where to post it, next time I will! About the lips do you mean the line art or the way they are drawn?


  14. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgo View Post
    I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but, hey, it' still a helpful critique, I guess.

    Shrink the images a bit before posting, in a manner that each picture would fit in a screen, without the need for scrolling. It's a bit uncomfortable to look at.

    I also don't know in which aspect you're looking for critique. I can say some of the faces are very iconographic on some pictures. I'm almost certain you're not looking for realism here, though. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
    No problem! Thank you for saying this and for making me notice,I will try next time.. as I wrote it’s my first time here so I don’t know perfectly how it works. Nope, I used to draw in a realistic way but I wanted to change a bit my style!



  15. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 60 Times in 44 Posts
    Your linework is awesome! Just need to work structurally, your features are off center/out of proportion on most of these, be sure to double check the facial proportions and perspective on the sketch before inking

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to misterdistant For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,750
    Thanks
    4,178
    Thanked 6,578 Times in 4,532 Posts
    You are drawing symbols and not the actual structure. Get the Loomis books or watch the Proko videos on youtube.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,353
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 338 Times in 291 Posts
    Line weight is all over the place

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdistant View Post
    Your linework is awesome! Just need to work structurally, your features are off center/out of proportion on most of these, be sure to double check the facial proportions and perspective on the sketch before inking
    Thank you so much! I’ll try to improve the proportions and the perspective!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    Line weight is all over the place
    Thank you so much for your recommendation!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    You are drawing symbols and not the actual structure. Get the Loomis books or watch the Proko videos on youtube.
    I’ll check them out! Thank you!

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    932
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 181 Times in 167 Posts
    About the lips do you mean the line art or the way they are drawn?
    What I mean is that currently the way you draw lips currently looks like they have overly harsh make up on. And that's because of the thick outlines surrounding them. The faces you draw are quite soft so this feels very unintentional. What you want to be doing is using your line work sparingly, and showing the transition between the rest of the face and the lips with colour.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to AJams For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJams View Post
    What I mean is that currently the way you draw lips currently looks like they have overly harsh make up on. And that's because of the thick outlines surrounding them. The faces you draw are quite soft so this feels very unintentional. What you want to be doing is using your line work sparingly, and showing the transition between the rest of the face and the lips with colour.
    Thank you so much for the advice,I’ll try to do softer lines!

Similar Threads

  1. Art: Some drawings
    By heresy in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM
  2. my pen drawings
    By black_nomad12 in forum Art Critique Center
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
  3. Replies: 208
    Last Post: October 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
  4. Art: Drawings In Pen
    By davidpolo in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 7th, 2004, 11:33 AM
  5. 2 new ink drawings...
    By spiritform in forum Art Critique Center
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 17th, 2004, 10:29 PM

Members who have read this thread: 37

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast