Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks

some hair study!

I was wanting to learn how to ink and pencil hair a little bit better so i got a friend to send me a kick arse pic of his and i have been studying it and this is what i am in the middle of doing myself.

Pencils (which you can see under the tracing paper) and inks by me.

(i will definitely have to change that nose though )

Attached Images Attached Images  
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    YO Hai thanks for the probs on the inks man, but if you are wanting some help or hints/tips about inking you are going to have to be a little bit more specific in your questions/topics, dude!!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    I lack practice and experience, that's all. I'm just jealous.

I don't know what I can say which I haven't said already. The hair looks exceptional. I don't really know enough about inking to give ya any real crits, so just keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks

more dragon!

Next step in trying to get this dragon to be a semi-serious attempt at learning how to colour with photoshop (only semi because i am trying not to be too much of a perfectionist with it like i usually am).

I just added some simple shadows and will upload again when i have done some highlights.

Hai: thanks a bunch Anders you're a champion!

I will also upload some more life drawings, and some referrence drawings as well, just like gmags suggested! I have been trying to pour through MindCandyMan's thread ever so slowly and the whole thing is just inspiring. Maybe i should go even slower so i always have some inpisration to look at when i come here!
    cheers,

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Ola PJ

Glad to see you back.
    Your inking is looking very good, great work!
    The dragon experiment I think you should have started with better worked lines (and you showed you can do it). Also I think you need to define your ligth sources because right now they don't seem to consistent.
    Bom trabalho
    abraço
    Fil

Thanks
    Hey! how's her hair doing now? that's an extreme study. Woudn't have picked it myself though, because it's so complex, it's hard to get to the basic rules of how hair looks. Nice dragon, coloring seens fine, althoug you could pull the colors together more. The three colors don't seem to belong in one beast now. Also, shadow is not main color +black... it could be more purlple-ish, of blueish, or more brown... Try to mix the main color with the complimentary color of it, then you'll get your shadow color. Basic, boring color theory... but very, very effective. For example: pink-purple mixed with a (darker) green gives you a less saturated shadow color that isn't plain grey.

Thanks
    Your through the form drawings are going very very well. Keep it up with the loomisesque drawings and you`ll improve greatly. Try and really master things like the skeleton. Its tough but it pays off. HEck im gonna go back and visit the lad soon. anyway keep it up. the inking i cant comment on but it looks great.

Links
    Scetch Book
    AnimationMentor Blog

Thanks

Drawing the human body from the mind!!

OK so CA.org has once again proven itself to be an awesome site to gather the most amazing people towards the same place. If you guys have not heard about it yet, from me or someone else, here is the link:
    http://the-structure-of-man.blogspot.com/

Mr. Riven Phoenix is truly doing something that is so out of key with most of the world these days but i think he would fit in with the MB people like a dolphin and the ocean. To be willing to pass on their knowledge they way people around here (and their time 'cause you really cannot have one without the other) is a trully remarkable and blessed thing to have.

So, having gushed out like that, i think i should actually show you my attempts on my first few lessons!
    (hmmmm the only thing about these attachments is you cannot really comment under or on top of the specific ones you are talking about!).

I have never found myself remembering these marks on the body as easily as i have following these lessons. Granted it's only been a couple of days but still... it feels good!

What i like the most about this is, i am not worried at all about how accurate i am being with this and THAT has allowed me to see that, with purposeful little variations i could make so many different body shapes AND still keep the main integrity of the human body recognisable! How cool is that?? I think i will see if i can do that!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ok onto you very nice people:

voraz:Hey man, bom dia! You know what? i agree with you that i could have done it, but i honestly really didn't want to for this particular one. But you can bet i will for my next one. I might even ink it next time. I will try to see what i can do about that lightsource, Obrigado Fil!

artificial_green: Hey you been reading the book i am doing this from? That colour theory thing is not my strongest point at all so i will try and do that when it comes to that point in the tutorial. And as for the hair the other side of the head is loking good but i need to get back to it and finish it. I will of course post it up asap!

Banshax:Heeeeeeeyyyyy, thanks for dropping by *he says in his best Luffy voice* As you maybe be able to tell if you follow that link, i will indeed be getting some very good basics in the coming weeks (and months!). I think i might try to go back to the loomis and try putting these two lessons together. *shrughs* we'll see what i come up with. Thanks again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    On a similar vein, my search into my arts course that i was hoping to do continues so i will give an update when i have one. (i'm gonna co call them right now actually)

Cheers,

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks

More lessons!!

Still sticking with those lessons from Mr Phoenix and tried to throw the last lesson (#6) together with some loomis figures in that last page!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Lookin' good. It's good to see that you really want to improve. Just hope you can keep yourself motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks

hair study finished!

Hai:so do i man, but i think my problem is one more of focus rather than motivation! Cheers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so here is the final drawing in ink for my hair study. It was hard but i had fun and i hope to have time in the near future to do some more hair studies. I learnt a lot.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Hi PJ, I was looking at your picture. Do you make the shapes in bigger ink shapes and then scratch it?

bom tabalho.
    cumprimentos!

Thanks

after some changes...

Here is the final submitted page for a possible gig! Wish me luck! (actually they really liked it, i know that already, now it's just logistics i guess)

Voraz: No man, i have not had the guts to do that t my art yet! I DID use some white ink over larger black areas but it didn't work out very well. The rest is just feathering with the brush!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1