Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Im enjoying this thread.

Tás a fazer um bom trabalho pá, continua, só tens que continuar a insistir com a anatomia e também uns desenhos de pessoas ao vivo (real life). O conselho que te tou a dar também se aplica bastante a mim. Boa sorte.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    guys i have lost my internet connection. As i am looking for a new ISP to get beck to posting regularly (doing this from a friend's place) i will keep doing my drawings so i can have a big art dump and checking all you sb's as well!

Cheers and see you soon!
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Thanks for letting us know. Hope to see you back soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks

a much needed update!

more HUMAN STRUCTURE lessons!
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Hey! congrats on page 3.
    I made you a paintover to help you on the problem you already noticed:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...page16copy.jpg

1. Your skulls hardly have a forehead. You might notice that the forehead takes up quite a lot of space. In a typical human forehead, the angle of the forehead is almost straigt up in profile view.

2. The line of the nose is a bit steeper than this, and also, the nose bone in a skull is pretty short.

3. Between the forehead and the nosebone you can draw the "browline" at a slight angle. This line has to match with the placing of the eyesockets. In a woman's face the forehead will connet to the nosebone more smoothly. Men often have a more pronounced forehead.

I don't know what the quality of the reference is that you used for this... What you show is a nice to look at stylised skull, and it shows some anatomical correctness, but it was a creative guy who designed those... I would advice to look up a few other pictures or photo's.
    Last edited by artificial_green; February 10th, 2007 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks

just one more page!

Guys thanks so much for your support. Just one more page before i go to bed but i will give you a proper response in the next couple of days!
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    I like your inks a lot too mate,
    Right now let me just say that its really good to see you keeping the
    drawing studies up, so that eventually you get to be as good as your
    are with your inks!! KEEP IT UP! 8)
    I like this clean inking, I admire ppl how can do em so well,

http://www.maj.com/gallery/comixnut/...ks_02small.jpg

actually I'm doing some experiments to find a way to control mine
    as much as I can, I still have some readability problems that I want
    to get rid of, this one looks really good to...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1164680025

ill try to use some of the ideas you show here as to how to use
    my big masses of blacks I feel I use to much black at times,
    and you seem to have a good balance, keep that UP!

See ya

Thanks

thanks a bunch guys!

awww shucks you guys are gonna make me blush with this much attention! *S* Much appreciated i can tell you that!

artificial_green i am DYING to try out these new skills in some fun fashion but i am going to wait for just a couple more lessons before i do that. But even then you get a little idea that i am having trouble holding off, since i tried to do a couple of faces from the newspaper using the skull as the basis for them.

robin_eleven thanks about your comments about my inks. I love doing them. 2 more lessons and then i will try to do some charecters for a couple of stories that i have in my head and i will post them up!

Dan_Grr é pá! Thanks for dropping by man! (it's late so in english it will have to be). i am looking forward to the next chance i get to go to a life drawing class that's for sure. Cheers!

Hai i try to keep up with you i really do but you are a machine, man! *S*

artificial_green(part deux) WOW! thanks so much for the paint over, that is awesome that you took the time to do something like that. As far as i can tell i think the forehead issue is my prob. Mr Phoenix's skulls are much more accurate than i am able to do just now. He DOES seem to have a little more of a forehead, not quite sure why though. *S* I will keep working on that.

maxetormer oh thanks for the kind words. I was jut thinking today that i need to loosen up, more like your inks. LOL I WILL try to post some more fun inks up! Thanks soo much for popping over!

Ok another page!
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    It's cool to see you so dedicated to these lessons, kudos!

I really like the guy in the bottom right in your latest update. I wish I could repay you for your awesome crits, but I'm not so good at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks
    Hey! Glad I helped you Those really basic head look fine. Try not to make the nose hole to big, there is a piece of bone there first: you can feel it in your own nose. It runs to the point where you can move your nose from right to left with your fingers.

Also, the placing of the lips: if you look in the mirror, with your mouth closed but relaxed, you can lift up your upper lip with your fingers. See how far the lower lip slides over the upper teeth? So the mouth should be placed higher than it is for example in your 4th head (top row).

Its clear that you are improving fast, you can see that especially in the heads in perspective. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Hi PJ, I see you'«ve been working a lot in this, your faces are looking good.
    Keep working.
    cheers

Thanks

Yaaayyy!!!

I GOT TO THE END OF THE SKULL!!!! wooohoooo! Finally!

As you can tell by the last pic, i am leaving this section with still some weak areas, like the top-down views of the skull. However it is time to move on AND i will keep working on these as the lessons go by as well. Always practicing the basics, that's me! Like artificial-green said i need to put thsi ino practice and i intend to with some characterisation development starting with the faces!

On other news i should have plenty more to show each and every week since i have now officially joined an art course for the very first time in my life and i intedn to make the most of it! Dedication shall be my middle name. I get to do 6 hrs of drawing, 3 of sculpture and 3 of painting and 2 of photoshop (a welcome surprise that i was not aware was part of the course) every week for the next year. I am particularly looking forward to the life drawing lessons that i think will quite nicely complement my work on Drawing The Human Body From Your Mind lessons. I am hoping by the end of the year i will finally be able to draw the human body confidently if not totally accurately!

Wheew!

Hai as long as you got something out of them, that's cool for now. As you develop and learn more you will pick up stuff that you like and don't like, and then you can pass that along as you get more confident.

artifical-green LOL i remember reading this message just after i had done that particular part of the lesson and gone to the mirror to do exactly that with the lips. How freaky is that? Thanks for all of that AG. Keep an eye out and i think i will pick all of those things as i go along. I think Riven is very much doing a progression thing where what he teaches you at this point is not exactly correct but can be built upon later. But please do't stop picking my drawings apart, go for it, i say!!

voraz How the heck do you even have anytime to come adn see my sb with all of that posting that you do on your own sb? Obrigado, adn stop by anytime you can!
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Hey, comixnut.

You've got some realy impressive stuff here love your inks and esspecially hand studies. I guess these last skull studies are done from imagination. Have you done any observational studies of real skulls (Model or Photos). My guess would be that your imaginative skulls would greatly benefit from that.

Thanks
    I like your inked stuff. They awesome! But your non-ref sketches don't look very good ( like mine's Need to work, need to study with references... ( me too. )

Thanks
    G'day again guys. I have quite a few stuff to show you over the course of the weekend, but for today just some more of Mr Phoenix's classes.
    Last edited by comixnut; March 24th, 2007 at 08:19 AM.
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast