Good to see you back.
    Keep it up PJ.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Clessy: cheers, glad you liked them!

Voraz: we'll see how it goes this time.

I tend to not handle not finishing a piece very well (i get depressed and down about.. silly i know but i am working on it), so i decided to try this fandangled thing the kids are calling WIPs. O.o

See if i actually come back to it and try to finish it. A little bit at a time i reckon!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Warmup exercises from the other day and the next project for school: trying to draw a knight and a samurai back to back!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some design homework

class stuff

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the next spread

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the body copy text! For those of you who are fans of Terry Pratchett, forgive me for trying to channel him!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

"Having reached a new height in popularity amongst a new breed of designers, Family Tree Furniture is a welcome return to family values. Having already cemented ourselves in the as part of the community, FUNitures Magazine decided to dive skull first into it.

Designing for your family tree is something that should be taken very seriously and meticulous research is necessary. You may want to make a chair for every member of a particular branch, see if you can find the 3rd son of every 3rd son or even go for a more academic method and choose names written on colourful pieces of paper and picked out of a toy skull chosen from some respectable hobby store. Regardless, the method of going about this wonderful journey of giving to those that came before you a much needed comfortable rest in the never-ending after-life is always the same.

The most important step at the beginning of each chair journey is: research, research, research. You can never do too much research (in fact that’s how paleontology started, some dedicated chap wanted to make a chair for one of his ancestors pet dinosaurs and, well, the rest is bone history). Researching allows you to get to know the subject and furnace the heat of your imagination to allow you to come up with great and many varied designs.

This leads us to our concept designs and we have to work fast in this area. After all, your ancestors have been waiting for a few centuries for their rest. Doing as many ideas in the allocated time, we should not aim for too many details, as that can come after. By staying loose it allows us not to get too concerned with our ancestors likes and dislikes, allowing us to work faster and finishing up with a wider range of choices.

When it is time to chose what designs are to be taken onto the next stage of development, find yourself a suitable boulder, somewhere out of the way of the hustle and bustle that will allow you to meditate and converse with your ancestor. Please choose a comfortable rock or remember a pillow, as by now your long dead family member has probably built a life for himself in the after-life and may not be too willing to be interrupted at first.

After convincing him or her to choose a select few, develop those into variations. These can now have more details and should have a front, side and back view. If the design also requires a top or down view to really explain it, then you may also include those. From these, one of the designs will have to be chosen to be taken into the final stages of design and then production, so another trip to that boulder will be required.

A small but to scale mockup will then be required to see if all the parts of the design that were approved will also work in 3d. In this instance balsa wood was used with the help of some glue and a sharp exacto knife. If you had colour on the designs make sure that you add them to mockup as well.

By now your ancestor is starting to wish that he had never created his family line and just gone into the opera as an eunuch the way his parents wanted him to or a Himalayan nun to converse with the gods and the goats. Nevertheless if he is to leave you alone for the rest of your life, in any plane of existence, then you need to make that boulder your second home and converse with him or her as many times as necessary to reach a consensus. It cannot be stressed enough that in order for the astral energies of your family tree to not be eaten by the demon of discontent, you need to keep your mockup to scale of the drawing that was chosen by your ancestor. Feel free to remind him or her that it was the one he or she picked and that no he or she cannot change their mind now.
    If you had not considered the amount of work that would be required to create a particular design before you let yourself be talked into building it, by an entity that could just as well be just a figment of your stressed out imagination and familial obligation issues, then I imagine by this time it would be too late. In that case find yourself a qualified tradesman, keep whom your ‘customer’ is to yourself (unless you like the idea of having young children with really sharp wit and brutal honesty pointing at you on the street and/or waking up to find your home plastered with all kinds of salad ingredients), give them the designs and stay on top of the production like your after-life depends on it.

You may want to leave the painting part to yourself, if you feel the need to still be involved in the project at this point and have not yet taken complete leave of your senses. However, you may have a better chance of blaming anything that goes wrong with the chair on said tradesman if you stay as far away from anything to do with it as soon as possible.

A little known fact is that Ikea was started by a Family Tree Furniture enthusiast who thought that supplying ready made chairs to family members could make the whole process a lot faster (nobody really knows the reasons for the wardrobes and the cupboards and experts have thus far avoided finding out why, as it may turn out to be too frightening to contemplate – the tables, though, are pretty self-explanatory).

At this point that we would like to mention a particular variation to this process that has, once again, become quite popular. With the discovery of the 17th and a half century expert Paulo M. Ossifeus’ book titled “To Rest Their Tired Old Bones”, people have braved centuries worth of taboos and are now disinterring their ancestors and including their bones as part of the chair. This is indeed the route we took with our ancestor whom, legend tells, had scared Death to… well, itself really. However since the legend also speaks of him never having actually died, the authenticity of the bones could be dubious, but we doubt he will complain.

Traditionalists had always felt that the pre-made chair was too impersonal and dehumanised the whole natural process but with the trend going back to a few hundred years, everyone seems to be happy these days - except crematoriums."
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fun chairs, man! And the text is good as well. You can definitely see the Pratchett influence, and I think you managed it very well. Gotta love Pratchett

About your previous sketches; I think you're getting better at drawing individual parts believably, creating the illusion of form, but maybe you need some more work on putting them together into a whole (as in a whole body). I don't know, man. Good to see an update in any case. Keep at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hai as always dude thanks for dropping by - you RULE!

Okay big dump of odds and ends coming up as soon as i finish scanning them.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

odds and ends

just catching up with all the little sketches in my sketchbook.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the rest of them!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why oh why can i not draw a good portrait of my girlfriend? I think i'm gonna go right ahead and do separate studies of her features and see after how i go about putting it all together.

Anyway, i will hopefully have continuous drawings to show you as i am enjoying the pics i an doing on the train to and from school and i'm getting lots of cool attention from people!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyway, i will hopefully have continuous drawings to show you as i am enjoying the pics i an doing on the train to and from school and i'm getting lots of cool attention from people!
    Awesome!

A lot of cool stuff lately. Clothes look pretty good. Love this one! Looks so loose and comfortable. Good line variation and decent anatomy. Looks like you were "in the zone" on that one.

I think he'll be to Rome
    SSG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Olá PJ, tudo bem!
    Tens andado a trabalhar bem! Os teus desenhos estão melhores!
    Ainda tens trabalhado as linhas? Nunca mais vi nada disso...
    abraço

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some new studies

There is only one thing that i dont like about coming here to post new stuff - i have to go to the first post to edit it's topic if i want that to appear as the sb title for this update. I hope that whenever the version 4 of the boards comes out (that is still in the works right?) that they include a revamp of that. It should appear with the latest message title made by the thread's owner and not his/hers first.

Vorazsorry it has been so long since the last post man. Expect to see more inking from me in the near future!

Hai! th ezone is something that i am planning to hit a lot more often in this break and coming year! Ta, dude!

Holy.... new things to do when uploading a file huh?

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have also been playing around with google sketchup. except this time i got myself a book from the library so i could learn the basics properly. Now if only i could borrow a book on ZBrush i would be sweet.

Here's a couple of things i did following the book. One is a just a basic doghouse. The other is an actual floor-plan for my new apartment.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Look who came back from the dead! Was a nice surprise

I think he'll be to Rome
    SSG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn dude, your inks are off the chain tight! do you do them digitally or old skool brush and quill?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dude! It's all traditional!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is the inked version of my subject Exploratory Design's last assignment (hope that made sense). which was a diorama. What follows is a really bad photo of said drawing (it's 2 A3 pages side by side, so it's kinda hard to scan in an A4 scanner. The inks are not finished because i did not want to use my lightbox, because i love my new table so i wanted to do it there. So i used tracing paper to ink it (yes yes, go ahead if you cannot help yourselves ) and the whole thing started to buckle like hell. I hate tracing paper! So i didn't really finish it in the inks because it was driving me nuts so i will add the rest in photoshop and upload the final pic.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

because doodles are important!

One done after spending at least an hour trying to keep my g/f's nephews and cousins from taking the water pistol from me! One done in a restaurant! One done at home at my new table just to get used to doodling regularly and getting acquainted with simians!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lawrence of Suburbia WIP

really tired right now

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Adrian Wilkins is offline well not much I'm 20, I'm a hobbiest and working to be pro some day Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man you're really working damn hard... that's really what#s gonna get you going
    are those from life? I mean like the gradnma on the bench?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hygami cheers man you are not doing too bad yourself in your sb, some very cool crazy stuff there!

Just a little more development in the flat colours.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehehehe!!

Like your chair. Iv'e been thinking of a grave stone post box concept meself. You know, so that bills and stuff can get to the right address.

----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to George Abraham For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by comixnut View Post

I tend to not handle not finishing a piece very well (i get depressed and down about.. silly i know but i am working on it), so i decided to try this fandangled thing the kids are calling WIPs. O.o
    You just gotta man up PJ, just gotta say to yourself I'm the king of the fuckin jungle, beat your chest and paint!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam Sykes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks guys

Camsyko: damn straight dude!

Zaorr:hahahaha great idea. Death and taxes (and bills)!

Just some thumbnails and little character for school project.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

watecolour

for school!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    drawing for school.

Any help in getting this ready for monday, with constructive comments or paintovers would be greatly appreciated. i have another 2 to go!

Based on a little text, the idea is basically to have a giant robot to have come back from what looks like a hard days work, to read some fan and hate mail and to be getting his tea served by a servant on an old mail bag that has been turned into a tea bag!

i was hoping to do this in ink wash so i have been doing a little marker study to see if i can get things lighting more or less right!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's me trying to study some of the lighting.

Any thoughts?

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

day 2

sb for class

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.