Thanks

Another style exploration

Hey, this post is following the previous one about style exploration, this is another approach, traditional. Opinions are welcome
    Thank you!

Artstation link for better resolution if required: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z8YEx
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Seems more a doodle that could be applied a few more layers of polish to.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    On point. I am trying to somehow keep the rough look of the traditional and make it look like a finished piece though. Continuing with the exploration anyway, so I hope to get somewhere with it. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks
    I rather like it! I would like to see the tones moved up a little more as it looks a little flat.

Why is the writing there? you did it on the other one as well and I can't see the point of it yet as you seem to working a concept??
    though I could be wrong, I quite often am! lol

There is no narrative to it either I have no idea from looking at him/ her is it a worker, warrior candlestick maker? there is nothing in there that helps me understand the image.
    You might want to think on that a little more and tie all the experiments together.

just a thought, good luck with him.
    A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to try and analyze it
    Good point on the looking flat thing, will keep it in mind in the next piece for sure.
    As for the writings and stuff. I have a thing for languages and ways of communication as a core of a civilization. The little fella here is a mine worker in a fictional world, where long story short, they are simply overworking themselves to death because that is their way of life. The writing thing is there mostly because I am trying to put together some fictional languages and include some poetry in there which isn't actually meant to explain the work, but to muddy it a little bit more if nothing else. Might seem strange, but it gives some specific mood to something, a further mystery to it. If you've played Hyperlight Drifter you will know what I mean