Thanks

Hoping for some paint advices

Hi everyone, I made this fanart of a moba called Smite, anyways, I was trying to improve my painting, I was told that my edges were blurry, so I was focusing on change that, but I dont know if I did it correctly, I'm hope get some advices from you guys to improve, thanks.

Name:  Thanatos Genderbend.png
Views: 1332
Size:  462.0 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Volg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Indeed - the blurry edges are a pain, but for me the larger issue is I don't get what I am seeing. Case in point - the boobs. I don't get what's up with it. From the positioning it looks like it could be a side view, but the wrap around shape throws me off. Then it could be a front view, but that confuses me shoulder and the skull thing. I don't have enough to go on.

Then there's the hips/legsa area. Does this creature have three legs or is somethign not translating well?

It is looking like you drew this tilted already, right? Presumably the background line near the head is a tree or wall, but if you tilt this to make that veritical I don't see how the character is standing.

Finally a lot of the detail and piece get lost with the values and leave uninteresting black holes around the image. Under the arm, top right, bottom right.. Maybe convert to black and white now and then and see how things look.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just two legs, I think the part you were thinking was the other leg should be the one that has a face, if it is, that's a piece of armor, but I really agree, It's not very clear. In the matter of the darker spaces that you have mecionated, I purposely did, in this part I was thinking of including lost edges but it might not have been a good choice, I think the values ​​have become very dark for the character .. something else that may have stayed difficult to interpret, this character have wings, I tried to represent them in a more loose way, these points as you commented could really get better, many thanks for the tips and for your time, I will keep these tips in mind when doing a new painting.

Thanks
    Oh.. those were wings. Whoopsie-daisy. haha
    My commentary is a gift to you.