Thread: Barn scene

Thanks

Barn scene

Hi all!

I want to start by saying that I am new here so please forgive me if I do something wrong. In fact, I have just started my artistic journey, which will probably be obvious to anyone that views my work.

With that being said, I am looking to gage how others view my artwork outside of family and friends. This is my 4th painting in total, but the 1st one that I have spent serious time on. I feel that I don't have enough of the tree trunk showing, but I am somewhat satisfied with the rest, given my inexperience.

My reference for this painting came from a YouTube tutorial that I abandoned after the instructor finished sketching the scene. I looked back at their final painting to try to keep the general layout and perspective correct.

Any advice is welcomed. Like I said, I am still very new to this. Thanks in advance!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi there and welcome aboard!

Ok that is not a bad stab at a landscape to start mate! There are issues to deal with but Good effort!
    Like you say this is your first post and your first steps on your arty journey.
    Its problem is that everything is floating and is not connected to anything else.

Right first things first "Composition, Lighting & Perspective" you need to have a look around at online tutorials on these three things.
    you are better off doing this your self rather than being pointed at them by me, everyone is different and the ones that work for me might not work for you.
    There are books you can get too that help but again its your cash and your mindset.
    So off you go do loads more and keep posting, we will all help you on your way.

Best wishes
    A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Lightship69,

Thank you so much for your feedback!! I will definitely check these things out and practice. I will also try to post more work after I have worked on this for a while.

Thank you again! Take care!!