Thanks

Where shuld i start?

I want to keep this simple. Lets think i have zero talent but i want to be able to draw something. Where should i start learn drawing?

I constantly start and stop practice drawing and i lost my track again. I want to create a study plan, which toppic i need to start and which one i move to step by step. I watch couple of different drawing tutorials I have lots of pdf but i have no idea where i need to start and when i need to go next stage(toppic)

If anyone should interested I used to upload my study thing to instagram https://www.instagram.com/cizecekadam/ and my last upload was 11.05.2017. Nearly a year after i want to turn back studying.

Please help me, I guest i need a mentor

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Those exercises won't help you if you don't apply the knowledge anywhere. You should draw whatever you enjoy first, and do exercises to help you draw those things. For example I enjoy drawing fantasy environments so I study perspective, lighting and composition when I feel stuck. You should always do studies a goal in mind and be analytical.

You should ask yourself why do you want to draw, what do you want to achieve with drawing? "Want to be able to draw something" isn't enough. To answer your question: draw whatever you enjoy.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anton Juntunen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you look thread just beneath this one there is link http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...t-program-quot
    Also read stickies, art tutorials, http://drawabox.com/ proko (youtube channel) also you could do sketchbook here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Find a book. Do the excercises in it. Have fun, don't worry. It doesnt even matter which book just pick a place to start. I think people are beginning to put way too much concern into scheduling and doing everything the "right way". If you love drawing and have desire to learn, you will not waste your time.

I read a book by Ernest Watson recently which suggested this exercise with cubes: make a paper cube with circles drawn on its faces. Light it and draw it repeatedly from different angles and viewpoints. I feel confident it would teach you more about perspective than the drawabox way where you just draw some ellipses for the hell of it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeCowan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Go to class buddy
    But if you want my opinion, you should check out a topic 2nd below yours or another one somewhere in the first or second page.

But overall I would say that you want to spend money to get a decent teacher , go to an atelier or sign up for online programs ( I do mention them in those 2 posts mentioned above if you can find them ) if you really want to make art your career.
    Last edited by GPhong; March 18th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
    People keep telling me : " Why do you keep suggesting courses and books instead of just giving me the solution directly ? "

Well if i could condense all the necessary informations that take hours of explanation and demonstration into a single post, i would gladly do it

Thanks
    Actually i want to attend art class but for now i dont have any budget to spare for that Probably drawing will never be a career for me. I'm 29years oldu and just start practice so I wanna draw for my passion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Juntunen View Post
    You should ask yourself why do you want to draw, what do you want to achieve with drawing? "Want to be able to draw something" isn't enough. To answer your question: draw whatever you enjoy.
    I gues i love figure drawing (character design) but my ultimate goal is be able to draw a comic book. I love fantasy and sci-fi stories so one day I would love to make a comic book from my own stories... On the other hand I want to draw because i love create something. I study cinema&television and work as a photographer, I believe drawing(art) will make me better photographer.

I want to thank all of you guys. I like this forum it's really help me. I'll concern all answers and focus to improve myself more and more.

Thanks
    I really don't get the excuse of not having money. Art education is pretty cheap in general and you can get lecturers of industry professions and world renowned artist for 30 to 50 bucks. Any man with common sense would know that you need solid knowledge from actual teaching to be able to get somewhere in any field

" 30 bucks a month versus my passion/future/hopes and dream ? I'll keep 30 bucks a month thank you " . This just blows my mind that people are content with wasting years learning unstructurally . from mediocre sources when they could just pay a small fee a get access to really high quality education
    People keep telling me : " Why do you keep suggesting courses and books instead of just giving me the solution directly ? "

Well if i could condense all the necessary informations that take hours of explanation and demonstration into a single post, i would gladly do it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GPhong View Post
    I really don't get the excuse of not having money. Art education is pretty cheap in general and you can get lecturers of industry professions and world renowned artist for 30 to 50 bucks. Any man with common sense would know that you need solid knowledge from actual teaching to be able to get somewhere in any field

" 30 bucks a month versus my passion/future/hopes and dream ? I'll keep 30 bucks a month thank you " . This just blows my mind that people are content with wasting years learning unstructurally . from mediocre sources when they could just pay a small fee a get access to really high quality education
    Thanks for your answer but I really dont need this kind of comments(and i belive nobody needs this kind of negative comments). You have no idea where i live how i live. On the other hand talking about price of art courses in this toppic unnecessery.

Thanks
    For reference same topic: February 14th, 2017
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...tart?p=4017901

As well as posts going back to 2016 looking for folk to tell them what to study.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 672 Posts
    You are going to need to draw people, if you are interested in drawing comics. I can see you have access to the internet.
    Proko has free videos that might help you get started. https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

17. The Following User Says Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by modi123 View Post
    For reference same topic: February 14th, 2017
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...tart?p=4017901

As well as posts going back to 2016 looking for folk to tell them what to study.
    Yes you are right. I ask same question nearly a year ago and year ago too... One moment when i see your post I feel frustrated. Frustrated because once again i realize how easly i give up and turn back where i start. On the other hand I know asking same question again and again aint good for this from but I'm not regret that because every time i get better answers from different people and finally I be able to crate a program for myself, buy couple of basic art suply and e-books.
    Yes I know i'm lazy ass person who constantly give up and turn back where it start and asking same question agian and agian but i'm just trying. If this really bug you I sincerely sorry.
    And thank you for everyone who answer my silly questions agian and agian