Cut/ripped paper piece

Name:  kayleesea.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  234.4 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Hi there

Not too sure you will receive the kind of critique you are looking for on this site. While I do not want to presume that we don't have good judges of more abstract forms of art, generally the artworks here lean towards rendering of realism based objects and people, albeit in fantasy settings a lot of the times. (but not always)

I will say that to me the work looks clean and very deliberate/thought out, but as for offering actual critique, I would be at a loss.

Thanks
    Looks fairly straight forward. It could do with more detail or adding a bit of cardboard behind areas to give them a more raised feel instead of one flat plain. Not bad.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    It looks like this is a single work shown at two instances in time. The window is shut. Then the window is open.

It's obviously an interior (due to the light switch,) likely a bathroom. The red area is probably a shower curtain in front of a sink. The eyes at the open window would symbolize feeling a lack of privacy or being overwhelmed by the outside world or possibly paranoia of being watched. This makes the closed window feel safe.

The window may not be a window at all. It also looks like a medicine cabinet due to the knob and non-white coloring or mirror in the center. So the eyes could represent a feeling of the loss of control over one's life to prescription medication. Or to the doctors themselves. Or it could just indicate being overwhelmed by the content of the cabinet. If it is a mirrior on a medicine cabinet, I would use green tinted paper. You'll notice if you make mirror tunnels, that they progress to green. I assume this is because that's the color of the mirror.

Anyway, that's how it reads to me. I like it. It's got a very surreal feel.
    Last edited by David_a_ray; March 5th, 2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Sketchbook

Bucket List: Finish reading those books, Get a fish, Astral Project, Eat responsibly, exercise more often, save money, squint, poke at young people with a cane, talk about good old days, sputter and wheeze, hack and cough, adjust dentures