Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    I've been quite busy over the last two days - trying to take full advantage of the long weekend.
    Figures (5min each) and some random sketches:
    Name:  DSCN6567.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  196.9 KBName:  DSCN6569.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  164.1 KBName:  DSCN6570.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  187.2 KBName:  DSCN6571.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  147.6 KBName:  sketches april1.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  169.2 KB

Portrait (I saw a musical last night, and it inspired a painting of the lead actress):
    Name:  veronica sm.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  47.5 KB
    Landscape studies:
    Name:  plein air sm.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  76.1 KBName:  new zealand waterfall sm.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  79.0 KB

It feels like as soon as I kinda get the hang of something, I stumble upon five other things I've been doing wrong... I guess that seeing my problems more clearly is a sort of progress?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It's definitely a progress and sometimes noticing a mistake is the hardest step. That's why showing it to your peers is so helpful. They usually see what you don't or even can't.

Your figure drawings are pretty good. A bit too small, though. Maybe it's the scanning. I can also noticing the ones you draw on poses viewed from the sides are a bit weird around the torso/butt area. Maybe you should look into the anatomy for that part to grasp it better on the quick drawings.

The environments looks ok. Not particularly great. I think it's maybe the small brush. With that level of detail I'd expect to see bigger brush strokes. Better wait for a more experienced person to help you with that, though. Hehe.
    "There're no lines in real life" / Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pilgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgo View Post
    It's definitely a progress and sometimes noticing a mistake is the hardest step. That's why showing it to your peers is so helpful. They usually see what you don't or even can't.

Your figure drawings are pretty good. A bit too small, though. Maybe it's the scanning. I can also noticing the ones you draw on poses viewed from the sides are a bit weird around the torso/butt area. Maybe you should look into the anatomy for that part to grasp it better on the quick drawings.

The environments looks ok. Not particularly great. I think it's maybe the small brush. With that level of detail I'd expect to see bigger brush strokes. Better wait for a more experienced person to help you with that, though. Hehe.
    Hello again, and thanks for the feedback! I think you're right, the drawings were a bit too small on the page. I've had problems with not planning out the drawing properly and having to cut off limbs to make the drawing fit on the page, so I think I erred on the side of caution. I'll make sure to study up on the torso anatomy, and do some longer drawings to understand it properly.

Yeah, I'm not particularly sure of what I'm doing with regards to the environments; hopefully if I keep practicing something will click?

Apologies for the late reply/lack of posts recently - I've been struggling with depression which makes motivation hard to come by. I'm determined to work on at least something, even if it's just a single 10 min figure tomorrow, though.

Thanks
    Hey Astrolline, you show some nice dedication here! If you have some money to spare, i recommend you Jonathan Hardesty self-thaught class on schoolism. It focuses on studying photos/still lifes and teaches you how to see values correctly, proportions, edges, color and how to control or modify them to achieve different results. It was eye opening for me, try it if you can. Keep working hard!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to All For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by All View Post
    Hey Astrolline, you show some nice dedication here! If you have some money to spare, i recommend you Jonathan Hardesty self-thaught class on schoolism. It focuses on studying photos/still lifes and teaches you how to see values correctly, proportions, edges, color and how to control or modify them to achieve different results. It was eye opening for me, try it if you can. Keep working hard!
    Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it in mind for the future; my next study term starts in less than a month, and I don't think I can keep up with an online class on top of 5 courses + 2 labs + job apps, but I do feel like taking an actual art class would help me a lot.

Some figure drawings today (didn't keep track of the time):
    Name:  april 5.png
Views: 275
Size:  268.5 KB

Thanks
    Various stuff from the last ~week, that I keep forgetting to post.
    Name:  daffodil.png
Views: 234
Size:  71.3 KBName:  april 6.png
Views: 231
Size:  202.2 KBName:  april 8.png
Views: 230
Size:  459.9 KB
    Name:  daffodils no writing sm.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  42.7 KBName:  ice.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  58.2 KB