Thanks

Searching a mentor!

Hey there!
    I'm painting since about a year now and I have made a lot of experiences so far. I'm trying to become an Illustrator for games, so I do a lot of fanart. I really paint a lot, I spend almost all my free time drawing, more than 4 hours every day at least. I did improve quite a bit on my own until now, but I still, I don't really know to fix some problems in my pieces from time to time and someone else who looks at it and tells me his opinion about it so that I can improve it is still missing. Because I could't find someone who's got time to teach me and answer I joined you here on the forums.
    If are experienced in drawing / painting and want to help me on my way to become an better artist please let me know so that we can make contact, I would apreciate it a lot!
    Here are some of my paintings: http://bit.ly/2EOtPkt

Thank you!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 672 Posts
    Usually if you post an image in here http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...ritique-Center
    perhaps with a specific question several people will offer opinions.

Thanks
    It looks like you got a good background... focus on anatomy would be my first recommendation, and do a lot of studies. That would help you get up to speed.

Thanks
    I can't recommend a mentor, but I could give a few comments.

I really like how you handled the hair and the hand in the second to last piece. It looks really cool. On your more imaginative pieces, like the first one, I feel that there isn't the same consistency of lighting and structure. Keep in mind light source position, and how it affects the biggest and simplest forms of your subject. In the first one, it seems that the light source is behind the dragon, but you lit the body like it's from the front.

I hope this gives you something to go off of.

Thanks
    1) Life doesn't work that way
    2) Why would anyone not want a free mentor?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onemax For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Alrigth, I'm studying some more lightning to get a more consistent light source for now. Thank you for your advice!

Members who have read this thread: 1