Thanks

FredrikHolmqvist - Composition 1.1

EDIT: Realize that this is in the wrong section, post continued in members area!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/330831-FredrikHolmqvist-Composition-1-1

A long time was spent on getting correct basics shapes and egdes. Looking at it now, the flow of the head scarf fails to convey it's roundness, especially at the bun. There's also way too much emphasis on the scarf, bringing focus away from the face. The original has a lot of economy on the hanging part of the scarf, where I spent too much time getting texture down that wasn't necessarily there to begin with. Overall I think that I was too aggressive with the brights and not letting the darker areas steer the eyes towards the face. There's not enough balance in the values as compared to the original.
    Last edited by FredrikHolmqvist; February 15th, 2018 at 06:57 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Really liked the economy in the crowd, and the strong and obvious emphasis despite being a very busy scene. I had a hard time deciding to stop and call this finished for the purpose of the exercise, but time was drawing out and I noticed myself focusing way too much on details and less on the purpose at hand. Overall I think I captured the flow of the boxers (despite the failed foreshortening of the second boxer), but failed to bring the judge behind the boxers, now it looks as if he's right up in there.

Thanks
    I realize now that this is in the wrong section of the forum and will post in the members section instead!